Chap. 40: Parties. Parties. Parties.

(Picture of Lucy Cross Above)
*time skip of 4 months*

             Parties. That's all I deal with now. From Renee's baby shower/gender reveal to the wedding shower & actual wedding. It's all so exhausting to plan all at once. Lucy helps me with the baby shower/gender reveal, but I am mainly alone when planning my wedding. It's so hard to do it alone and do everything else, including another party.
            Ever since Evan got the head of the Book Publishing company after Mr. Bob Taylor, his father, was fired, he's been extra busy. I try my hardest at work to relieve stress on him but it's not as easy as it once was. We still manage to come home at the end of the night and usually end up making love somewhere in the house. Sometimes just being in each other's arms is enough to satisfy our need of physical contact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Lucy has asked me to come to the Little Slice Of Heaven baby store. I was hoping it was a cake bakery, I was wrong. As we walk up and down the isles, Lucy talks me up about her ideas for Renee's gender reveal.
          "So, did you get the results?" Lucy says she pushes the cart.
           I can't help but smile. "Yeah, I cried when I found out. I'm getting the cake made and the balloons."
          "What is it?" Lucy stops, grabbing my arm. I tell her. "Wow! She's going to be so happy."
            "I know." I look at the baby stuff on the shelves, "I would have never thought Renee would have a—"
           "Are you coming to Austin's party tomorrow?" Lucy chirps, happily. "Austin was supposed to call Evan and ask. Renee and Brenton is going. As well as Terri and Sebastian."
          "I don't see why not." Only that it's a Tuesday.
            "Make sure to wear a bathing suit. It's going to be a grill like event. VERY memorable." I can't help but give Lucy a funny look, "What? Wear something cute. I'm wearing my new black, lacy one piece."
             "I've got my polka dot one—" Lucy cuts me right off.
              "NO! You HAVE to wear something really cute. For pictures, I mean." Lucy says nervously, "You've had that bathing suit before you even met me! And that was freshman year of college."
            I nod my head. "Okay, I'll find another HOT bathing suit. Hope you don't get jealous or anything."
             Lucy wrinkles her nose. "Don't be too flashy, Brooke."
               I roll my eyes at her. "Ever since you moved into Austin's house, you've been so bossy. You're starting to act like Renee at times."
              "What are you getting for the little one?" Lucy blinks, "I won't get the same thing."
              "Oh you won't, trust me." I chuckle sourly, annoyed by Lucy's off behavior. "It's black and gold."
               Lucy gives me a confused look. I just keep walking. I'm not telling what I got Renee's baby. I already told Lucy the opposite of the actual gender I found out. That may have been a bitch move but you can't trust Lucy to keep secrets. I know.
               "So how's you and Evan?" Lucy pries, "You two hardly ever go to our parties or get togethers anymore."
                I smirk at her. "That's because we're either working or f***ing."
                 Lucy turns a shade of pink. "Oh."
                 "Yeah, we're not even married yet and he told me he's already working on kids." I bite my lip, "I think he's rushing that part a bit. But I'm not complaining either."
              "So-So-So the wedding planning going?" Lucy chuckles nervously, "Got ay ideas I can steal?"
               I give her an annoyed look. "We have the bridesmaid dresses, the groomsmen tux, Evan's tux, the location, flower girl & her dress, and the decorations."
             "You don't look happy." My chubby friend says.
              "Well, we lack the wedding dress, the honeymoon destination, the date, and whose going to walk me down the isle." I groan, wiping a hand over my face. "My parents are dead and I don't have any other relatives who give a crap about me."
            "I'm sure Drew can walk you down the isle." Lucy suggest, "OR Renee or I will walk you down the isle!"
            I smile at her. "The honeymoon destination?"
            "Go to Disneyworld! That's where I'm going!" I give her a look, stopping completely. "I mean, that's where I would want to go. How about Hawaii?"
           I groan. "I feel like everyone goes to Hawaii. Maybe the Bahamas. Evan said he doesn't want to go anywhere near a beach because, AND I QUOTE, 'I don't my new wife to be gorgeously tan and I'm over here sunburned like a porn producer'."
           I burst out laughing at he last part but Lucy doesn't. She looks the other way embarrassed. Whatever. I thought it was funny.
           "I have an idea on the dress but I can't afford it and Evan is already paying for the wedding." I sigh, "I can't ask him to give me money for the dress. I already told him to pick the ring out."
           Lucy gives me a shocked look. "YOU TOLD HIM TO PICK OUT THE RING!?!? Are you even sane, woman?"
            "I told him what I wanted. Nothing too big and bulky, but something to go with the wedding." I say, thinking of the cheap wedding ring I found on eBay. "Evan will spend what he needs to. I don't need anything too fancy."
               "But it takes the fun out of it all." Lucy pouts, "I should have been a wedding planner."
               I pick at my nails. The words are on the tip of my tongue and I need to spit them out. Now.
               "I'M scared." I half whisper, half shout. "Evan seems so confident and ready and excited about being married but—I'm just scared."
              "Cold feet?" Lucy says.
               "I hate to say this, but Evan wants the wife and the kids and the perfect lifestyle where we carve pumpkins and decorate Christmas trees and shit." I sit down on a mini stool for toddlers, "What if he meets a woman around his age and Evan realizes she is the one? He would ruin everything I've ever felt for him. For any man I ever meet. I'm just terrified."

Those Blue Eyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें