Chap. 72: The Taylor's Visit

(Picture of Bob Taylor Above *Warning: Some sexual stuff but not as bad as last chapter I SWEAR!*)
*third person POV*

        The next morning, Evan woke up to the feeling of butterfly kisses on his bare chest. He smiled happily, loving how playful Brooke is in the morning. Her lips kiss him down his chest and past his stomach and under the sheets. Evan chuckles as his manhood begins to be played with again.
          "Princess!" Evan chuckles, his hands finding her short hair. "I need sleep."
          Brooke giggles. "You can sleep when I'm done."
Evan leans back and lays his head on his hands, sighing at the satisfaction. He feels AMAZING. The best he's ever been in 3 years. Only Brooke could ever take away his misery. Natalia NEVER made him feel this way after he tried to make love to her so many times. All she wanted was to be screwed and be done. No real fun or excitement. It didn't truly matter to Evan until now.
"Princess," He grunts "do you want French toast? OHH YEAH RIGHT THERE! Ughmaybe some pancakes?"
Brooke giggles. "I don't care, it's your house."
Evan sits up and lightly grabs Brooke's wrist. He stops her as she tries to please him. She looks up at him confused with her brown doe eyes.
"I'm going to get us a house, okay? Maybe our old—" Evan gets cut off.
There's a light knock at the door. "Evan, sweetie? Are you in there?"
The sound of Evan's mother's voice sends chills down both Brooke and Evan's backs. Quickly, Evan gets dressed. Brooke soon follows. Another knock at the door makes Evan's heart pound harder. Evan's mother had only met Brooke one time and that one time was when she and Bob caught him in bed with Brooke the FIRST time.
"Is that your mother?" Brooke says nervously.
Evan nods. "Yup."
"Oh boy." The short brunette says in a small voice.
Evan opens the door to reveal not only his mother, but Natalia, his two sisters, their husbands, Drew, Derrick, and last but not least—Bob. Evan glares say Natalia angrily. He knows she called them all here. His eyes lock on Bob, whose half smirking half serious.
"Sweetie, is it true your little girlfriend is back from the dead?" Laura, Evan's mother, says in a mother like tone.
"And that you've been screwing her all night?" Bob adds, smiling devilishly.
Evan stands up straighter, shielding Brooke from his nosy family. "Yeah, I made love to my ex-wife."
Laura gasps in horror and shock. Natalia begins to cry, being comforted by Evan's two sisters, Savannah and Cheyenne. Drew smirks happily. Bob nods to Evan.
            "Whatcha hiding back there son?" Bob says snarkily.
             Chase slips on past Evan and jumps up to lick Brooke in the face. Evan stands up straighter.
             "I'm not hiding anything. Baby?" Evan turns to Brooke, taking her shaking hand.
                 Evan displays Brooke in front of him, their hands locked together. Her top not properly buttoned. Everyone stares at the both of them in shock, all but Natalia, Drew, and Bob of course.
          "Mom, you have a granddaughter." Evan says hopefully, his hand squeezing Brooke's. "We're waiting on—"
              "You died and made my son miserable!" Laura exclaims to Evan, "Why can't you just leave him alone and let my son be happy?"
                Evan lets go of Brooke's hand, pulling her into his side. His hand on her hip. Brooke can feel his anger rising up in his chest.
               "Mother, that's enough." Evan says annoyed, he drags Brooke along as he heads to the kitchen. "I'm divorcing Natalia and Brooke and I are getting married."
              Everyone follows them to the kitchen.
               "You can't just DO that Evan!" Cheyenne exclaims, "What about Natalia?"
              Evan sharply turns, his eyes locking on Natalia. "She's NEVER treated me like her husband, just her toy when she's bored."
               "And this little girl doesn't?" Evan sharply turns face to face with Bob, their noses inches away from each other. "Like I told you once before, she broke your heart."
               Evan begins to argue but his cellphone goes off. He answers it and pulls Brooke along with him behind the kitchen counter. She can't look his family in the eyes.
                "Hello?" Evan says through the phone, his hand holds Brooke's side.
               "Hello, Mr. Taylor. This is Officer Lapp from the Seattle Police Dep. We have located both your daughter AND the cause of your former wife's mistaken death. We need you to come down to the police department ASAP. Find a great lawyer."
                   Evan nods. "Thank you, we will be there shortly."
                    He hangs up, hope dancing in his chest. His blue eyes look to Brooke.
                     "They found her." Brooke covers her mouth, tears swelling up. "We gotta go. NOW!"
                   They begin to head to the bedrooms when the family stops them. Laura and Natalia gets right in front of them.
                    "They found our long lost daughter—your granddaughter! And they have information on what happened to Brooke. We have to go." Evan drags Brooke behind him as they make their way to the bedrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       "Before we are able to give you your biological child, we need your lawyer present to discuss your case." Officer Lapp says, Officer Elm standing behind her.
          Evan and Brooke exchange a look. Everyone of Evan's family (the whole bunch) came to the police station. Drew stands beside Brooke protectively, shielding her away from their family. Their lawyer, David Smith, the best lawyer in all of Washington State, steps forth. He looks to the rest of the family.
             "They need to leave. This is between the two former spouses." The rest of the family leaves the room, Mr. Smith continues. "Miss Adams, we've already addressed your case to a court and they are 100% on board to go to trail. The hospital that you were sent to after your tragic car accident had mistakenly switched clipboards with the mental patient, who had stolen an employees car. We are suing the hospital for 34 grand. We have the evidence to prove that it was all tampered with 3 years ago. We have the security footage, the signatures from both doctors, and—well—you. You are obviously not Morgan Troutt, a mental health patient who has been in and out of mental facilities for the past 47 years."
             Evan takes Brooke's hand, squeezing lightly. He's shaking.
               "We're also suing the mental health facility for cruelty and holding a person with traumatic brain injury against her will. Giving you medication you did not need and that have you major mental instability. Not to mention, taking your son away without pure evidence that you were dangerous." Mr. Smith says, "You WILL receive quite a bit of money out of that deal. Around 207 million dollars, not including the lawsuit against the adoption agency who took money from under the table to keep hush hush by the hospital."
              Brooke's head spins, Evan holds her up straight. He presses his lips to her forehead. His heart aching from all the torment Brooke has been through.
               "When will I get my baby back?" Brooke says weakly, "I want to see her. She needs to see her real parents."
               "Yes, yes. Your daughter, Savannah—" Mr. Smith gets cut off.
              "Savannah?" Brooke says shocked, "That's what they named her? That's cute."
              "Savannah Jean is her first and middle name. She has never had a last name." Mr. Smith clarifies, "You can have your daughter after we take our case to the courts. We prohibit you from seeing her at this time. Just until we settle this case. Mr. Taylor, you've also requested to use me as your divorce lawyer?"
           Evan nods. "Yes, against my wife."
             Mr. Smith blinks. He looks between Brooke and Evan confused. Evan clarifies.
             "I remarried last year." Evan sighs, "I've already discussed the situation with her—"
              "Lets wait until then, alright? That does not concern with this case."