Chapter 44: 5 Seconds Of Summer

Olivia's POV:

I spent the next few days resting at Niall's flat and recovering from my accident. I was on strong medication to ease the pain, but I was now mostly recovered. I had gone back to the hospital who checked my head and withdrew the medication and allowed me to get back to work. They are still testing some things before giving me results, so I would be going back in a few weeks when they had tested everything. 

Before I went back however, I had a couple of things I needed to do. It was planned that I would go to the studio to work with the band 5 Seconds of Summer to write a new song or two, and that is what was happening today. Niall had got back to rehearsals, so I drove using my car to the studio after saying goodbye to Niall that morning. I was wearing a black crop top and high waisted denim shorts. I had a red, white and black plaid shirt and decided to wear some black leather boots that went just above my ankles.

"Hello, Olivia Smith." I said to the lady at the desk who checked her computer before nodding and directing me to studio three.

I walked down the corridors before reaching studio three. I heard some music playing inside, so I quietly pushed the door open to see four guys playing instruments and singing a song I recognised to be there's. I tapped my foot along to the tune of Heartache on the Big Screen until they finished and noticed me in standing just in front of the door.

"Hi, I'm Olivia, great song by the way." I said walking over to them.

"Oh yeah we know, and thanks." Luke said putting his guitar on the stand and coming over to greet me with a hug.

The rest of the boys follow, but Michael needed a little push from Calum as he didn't seem to move before that moment, he just sort of stared.

"So, um do you guys know what you want to work on, I have a whole folder full of bits of songs I've started but never finished or haven't really liked." I said pulling my folder out of my bag and pulling up a bean bag along with the others who were already sitting on the floor.

"We have a few bits and bobs, but lets have a look at some of yours." Ashton said taking the folder and they all looked through my lyrics with chords placed above them.

"Could you play a couple of these, so we can hear them how you do." Michael said not looking me in the eyes, but instead just a little way over my head. I agreed and picked up some of my favourite lyrics before putting them on the piano stand and sitting down ready to play.

"Well this is a slow one on piano which I like, and then there's two more up beat ones that are for guitar and have a lot of drums that I also like a lot." I said before starting to play the first song.

"I'm not gunna tell ya, I'm not gunna say that I'm ok, no, I'm tryin' to get over, I'm tryin' to get far away from our mistakes.

But I see shadows, everywhere that I go, It's you, reminding me, of how we were, of how it was. I see shadows, everywhere they follow, It's you and memories, of how we loved, I've had enough of your shadows." 

"That's what I have so far as a sort of pre-chorus and chorus." I said and they all nodded.

"That's really great." Luke said and I thanked him.

"For this one, I think I've figured out the first verse and chorus, but haven't got anything more done." I said before playing the first of the more up beat songs.

"Who's more desperate? You're on your knees boo, but when you fuck up, I don't leave you, I can't leave you, oh. Guess you're permanent, can't be removed, each time my heart breaks, it's like a new tattoo, don't need a new tattoo.