CHAPTER 9: I Kind Of Believe You

ANNA

I was still confused as to what was happening and why they haven't hurt me or anything. Plus, not to mention that they STILL haven't told me as to what I am doing here.

I stayed in my room the rest of the day until late at night and after tossing and turning for a few hours, I look over at the clock that's next to the bed on one of the night stands and notice it's almost three in the morning and yet still I can't sleep.

So I decide to head downstairs and try to see if I can find something to eat since I haven't really eaten anything since breakfast yesterday.

When I open the door, I look both left and right down the hallway and notice the lights are off and nobody's around.

Luckily, there's little lights on the walls of the hallway so that way I can still see where I'm walking.

When I get downstairs, I head into the kitchen and turn on the light then open the fridge up and try looking for something to eat but there isn't much in there. So I started looking through the cabinets but again, not much.

Then I was startled when I heard a deep voice say something from behind me.

"Sorry, we have to go to the grocery store later." He says.

When I turn around, I see it's Landon.

"It's okay. Can I make some popcorn?" I ask him.

"Of course but, why don't we order some food? I mean, I'm starving and haven't eaten since yesterday morning." He says.

My stomach growls loudly right after he suggests that.

"Okay." I tell him.

He ends up ordering an opened all night tacos and burritos shop that isn't too far from here and has them deliver.

We both take a seat on the couch and start to eat and he hands me the remote and says I can choose whatever. So I chose to watch 'The Regular Show'.

We sat there and watches a few episodes as we ate and then I decided to ask him some questions after turning down the TV.

"So, as much as I appreciate you guys saving me from that car wreck and you promising not to do anything to hurt me. When can I leave? I mean, what do you need me here for? And how did you know where I was?" I ask him.

He waits a moment before answering and lets out a deep breath.

"You deserve to know the truth." He began. "However, right now, I don't think you would believe me and I can't risk losing you agai...." He stops himself.

"I already think I'm going crazy. I already think I'm hearing a voice talk to me in my head who said I should trust you guys and not be scared but, yet nobody is telling me anything. I don't know if the voice is my conscience or what but either way, whatever you have to tell me to explain what's happening and why I'm here, it can't be worse than the conclusions I have come up with." I tell him.

He looks at me and then nods his head in agreement before rubbing his face with his hands and then turning more on the couch to look at me.

"Okay. You're right and I am willing to tell you but, only if you promise NOT to freak out and not to try and run." He asks in a pleading voice with plead in his eyes as well.

"I promise." I tell him feeling more scared than ever.

"You used to be a human. Then we met and I eventually turned you into what we are....." He began.

"What, are you vampires?" I ask trying not to think of him being crazy.

"Werewolves. I had turned you after you decided to let me turn you and when you found out you were my mate. Then something happened and you were kidnapped and then you ended up in the hospital where, your memory was completely erased." He struggles to say the last part.

We share a moment of silence for a moment as I try to wrap my head around what he had just told me.

"You're fucking with me." I chuckle a little bit.

"I'm not." He says.

"Right. Then I suppose this 'voice' I'm hearing is my what you guys call it, my inner wolf?" I ask with a cocked eyebrow as I wait for him to tell me this was all just a big joke.

However, he doesn't say anything and continues to look at me with worry and uncertainty.

"You're not joking are you?" I ask suddenly feeling consumed with confusion and feeling a little bit more scared.

"Please tell me what you're thinking." He says.

"I-I don't know. A part of me wants to run away but another part of me kind of believes you." I confess.

Even I don't know what I just said to him but that is how I really do feel.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)