CHAPTER 19: I Wasn't Expecting That

ANNA

We walked further into the woods a little bit away from the guys and Abby just so I could finally talk to the Moon Goddess.

Then after spotting a big log that looked to have been there for a while with the moss growing on it all over except for one spot that was perfect for me and the Moon Goddess to take a seat at.

"I know what you're going to ask me and I'm sorry that I didn't do it sooner." The Moon Goddess says.

"Yes well, we're doing it now and normally, I'd be more patient and wait until you had the time to talk and explain to me about it but as I said yesterday, I was terrified at what my 'new' wolf, Isla had shown in the mirror, then after the dream, I need answers." I started.

"I helped give you that new wolf as well as Liza. Before you ever woke up after the Elder's injected you with that shit, we'll call it, I knew Landon would stop at nothing to get you back. He was even willing to risk his safety and life and still would just to be with you. So I had Liza, later on, after you had returned from England and before you woke up, I had made sure you'd still be able to have a wolf. We had to hurry before the serum they injected you with took full effect. Which that is why you heard her voice." She starts to explain.

"What about the pain I felt and why the hell did she scare the shit out of me?!" I asked her.

"The pain in your neck, because I had given you a new wolf at the last moment, though you didn't have the rest of your abilities per say, you still felt the pain Landon felt from not being with you. And as far as what you were told in your dream and by what your wolf showed you in the mirror, think of it as a visual warning you were given in your dream. You see, the reason your abilities and everything else had come back stronger so quickly, is because your new wolf, is a lot stronger than Zena ever was this time, I made sure of it." She says the last part under her breath.

Wow! Well, this changes in how I looked and felt about the Moon Goddess before I stop and think though.

"So wait a minute, if you have all this power, how come the Elders still are able to manipulate and control you like they have? I mean, forgive me but, aren't you higher status or whatever, more than they are?" I asked in confusion.

"Can I trust you with something I have never told anyone?" She says as she looks down at her folded hands on her lap.

"Of course." I replied right as I hear her sniffle.

"This is embarrassing and pathetic, but I just ask for you not to look at me or Abby any different." She began.

"I promise." I tell her.

"I am just as old as Abby and her sister are. We all used to be close. Well, Abby and I at least. Then throughout the years, Abby and I got closer. One day I realized, we were in love with each other. We tried to keep it a secret but the Elders found out and would have no part of it. Both councils believed to mix our kind together would be a mistake and an embarrassment meaning we couldn't produce our own kinds together. So they threatened to hurt our family of we ever told anybody." She stops for a moment and chuckles to herself a little.

"It's funny how they can allow certain things such as having multiple wives but yet it's disgusting and frowned upon and even against the law to love the same sex." She says.

She's quiet for a moment longer.

"I'm sorry." I began telling her.

"Then one day, they thought they could 'cure' us by sexually assaulting us." She says as she wipes her nose with her handkerchief.

"Oh my god." Was all I could muster to say at that moment.

"I'm telling you all of this because I had been so terrified that they turned to experimenting on those humans and I also told you because you've given me hope and strength. Both you and Landon have. Abby and I, we want them to pay for what they've done and let the others in the council see who they REALLY are." She says the last part sounding and looking disgusted.

I am shocked at what I had just heard. There's so much to process and now finding out all of this.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you and I especially am sorry that I scared you the other night. I swear I didn't mean to." Isla tells me.

"We'll talk later, but it's okay. I understand now." I assure her.

"I don't expect any of you to forgive me for what I had done but Abby both made a promise that we would fight hard." The Moon Goddess tells me, snapping me out of my conversation with my wolf, Isla.

I then take hold of one of the Moon Goddess'  hands and have her look at me.

"I am truly sorry for what you both had gone through. But can I please tell Landon, not everything but something at least? Just so he can become more open minded and more understanding?" I ask her. "If not it's okay."

"No. You can tell him. I trust you both." She smiles at me.

Well, I can honestly say that I'm not as confused as I was before and I get the feeling the Moon Goddess is telling me the truth.

We start to head back and discuss about meeting up again soon (in the next couple of days) to start putting together a plan.

I guess this means I'm gonna have to hurry and try to work on my ability. Which before heading back to everybody, she had told me that's what my wolf will help me with.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)