Kelsie Rae

1. Tell us a little about yourself. 

I'm a wife to an awesome husband, and mother of three little kids and two fur babies. I live in Utah, where I was born and raised. I love to read, and also enjoy baking and binging Netflix when I'm not on a deadline. In the summer, you can also find me hiking or running outside.

2. Have events or people in your life ever inspired scenes or characters in any of your books? 

Yes! For example, in my debut novel, Liv, the main character describes her husband's toothbrush which happens to be lime green. (Just like my hubby's) My family loves reading my stories because there's so many little inside jokes that relate to people in my real life.

3. How did you pick your character names? 

I'm terrible at picking names because I don't do half as much research as I probably should. I'm known for stealing names from people I know in my real life and using them in books. I also add little tidbits in stories that relate to my real life.

4. What are some things you've learned from publishing your first/most recent book? 

Edit your books! Look at sentence structures. Pay for an awesome cover designer. All the usual. :)

5. Who designed your book cover? 

SlyFox Cover Designs. Lauren is amazing to work with!

6. How did you find your editor? 

I've used multiple editors and have loved all of them for different reasons. Usually, I listen to other author friends' recommendations and go from there.

7. What are you currently working on? 

Book 3 of the Advantage Player series

8. Do you have a day job, or are you a full-time writer? What is your day job? Has it helped your writing? 

I'm a full-time mom, part-time photographer, part-time secretary, and full-time author. Between all of it, I get little sleep, but I love every second of it!

9. What kind of books do you read in your free time? 

Any well-written romance. I love all genres, it just depends on my mood for the day.

10. Do you have any advice for aspiring writers? 

You can do it! It may seem insanely overwhelming in the beginning, but take it one step at a time and I think you might be surprised at what you can accomplish.

Book Info

Stand alone PG-13 paranormal Heat Level: 1-2

Book Blurb

When Amara Crestwater wakes up in Hell with her memories erased, she fails to understand how did a good girl like her could end up in such a dark place. Unfortunately, no one knows the answer, and no one questions the verdict of Justice. He's the god who determines the final destination for a soul after death, and he's never wrong.

Accepting her fate, Amara begins her training to battle good against evil, which she learns isn't quite as black and white as she had initially assumed. As training begins, a light in her soul and a set of powers that have never been seen before start to surface, gaining the attention of gods and demons alike. The only problem? If she can't blend in, she'll be weeded out.

Getting used to her new life only brings more uncertainty when she finds out she's been used as a pawn between a pair of gods for a wager with a catastrophic outcome. The balance in the universe can't be threatened, but because of her, it has. Can she stop the mortal realm from collapsing or will its very existence crumble into irreparable pieces?

Pre-order your copy today, 20+ stories for only $0.99!!!

http://bit.ly/ProphecyOfMagic (clickable link in the comments)

Connect with Kelsie! (clickable links in the comments below)