Katherine Hastings

1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I live in a quaint little lake town, and when it's not frozen during one of our horrible Wisconsinwinters, you'll usually find me floating around in a raft. I even created a waterproof office so Ican work and write on the water all summer long. Besides being a water baby, I am a wife to ahusband I adore, and a mom to two adorable dogs, a darling pony, and the world's naughtiestcat. I love my tranquil life, and nothing makes me happier than quiet days spent writing romance novels.

2. Have events or people in your life ever inspired scenes or characters in any of your books?Oh, yes! Lots of little traits and snippets from my real-life wiggle themselves into my characters.Little mannerisms, things I've heard people say, and lots of other tiny parts from a multitude ofpeople often merge into a character in my books.

3. How did you pick your character names?My characters usually name themselves. I honestly couldn't even tell you why or how I end upwith the names I do, but for the most part it just pops into my head and off I go.

4. What are some things you've learned from publishing your first/most recent book?I learned that it gets easier. The writing gets quicker. The anxiety lessens. With each book thatgoes out into the world, I feel less and less panic on release day. That doesn't mean I'm withoutfear, because, let's be honest, sending your book out in the world to be judged and reviewed bypeople is very scary. Writers put a lot of time, hard work, sweat, and tears... and part of theirsouls... into their books, so knowing someone may tear it apart is always nerve-wracking. But itdoes get easier the more you do it.

5. Who designed your book cover?I have several cover designers I use, but this one I've put together myself. Having gone toschool for graphic design, I decided to try my hand at doing one on my own. Now I hope it's notterrible. LOL

6. How did you find your editor? 

Before I got a publishing deal, I was out querying my novel and wasn't having any success. So I decided to hire an editor, Tami Stark. I did some research online and she came highly recommended. She did such an amazing job editing my novel and teaching me what I needed to improve my craft that I got a publishing deal within a week of sending out the revised copy. I've been with her ever since, and with each edit I learn more and more. She's my savior and I love her. LOL

7. What are you currently working on?I am currently all over the map hopping genres. I just finished a women's fiction about four littlewidows off on a wild adventure, but now I'm writing a series of beachy rom coms. I also have afantasy series I just started plotting out. I wish I could get in a genre and stay there, alas mymind concocts wild ideas and demands I write them.

8. Do you have a day job, or are you a full-time writer? What is your day job? Has it helped your writing?My day job is a social media marketer and designer. It hasn't helped my writing, per say, but ithas helped me as a writer. It allowed me to use social media to find a wonderful online writingcommunity that I am so grateful to be part of.

9. What kind of books do you read in your free time?I'm a sucker for romance. Any genre of romance. As long as there's some kissing going on, I'ma happy girl. 

11. Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?Focus on learning your craft and growing as a writer. I can't even begin to tell you how muchI've learned since I published my first book a year ago. I'm trying so hard to push my boundariesand try new things, focusing on listening to those who have gone before me and have far moreexperience than I do. Keep an open mind, be an apt pupil, and never stop trying to improveyourself and your writing.

 Keep an open mind, be an apt pupil, and never stop trying to improveyourself and your writing

Book InfoAdult Paranormal Romance

Book Blurb

One lonely vampire. One down-on-her-luck divorcée. Can the power of love transform even the darkest of hearts?

EMILIA 

Broke. That's what I was after my husband ran off with another woman. But not just my heart... my bank account, too. Thanks to the debt he left behind, I struggled to get by while I pieced my life back together. That's when he walked into my life... the man with the icy eyes and an offer I couldn't refuse. It wasn't just his good looks that left me senseless... it was the fact he's a vampire. A vampire with an offer. Five million dollars for five years of service as his blood donor. With no options left, I accepted his proposal.

He seemed nice enough. Okay, so he's a little creepy, but hell, I could handle a guy that looks like that sucking on my neck for a hefty chunk of change. While I prepared myself for a life of servitude, what I hadn't prepared myself for were the feelings for him threatening to pull me under.

AIDEN

It was supposed to be a business transaction. I got her blood, she got my money. Simple. Easy. But when Emilia entered my life, it became anything but. After years of living in darkness, her light beckoned me to join her. With feelings once again stirring inside me, I had to decide between remaining in the darkness or shedding my grief and following her back into the light... to live once again and dance with her under the sun. 

Will the sun set on their love, or will they pull each other back into the light?

Social Media links

Website: www.katherinehastings.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/katherinehastingsauthor

Twitter: www.twitter.com/khastingsauthor

Instagram: www.instagram.com/katherinehastingsauthor

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/katherine-hastings

Booksprout: https://booksprout.co/author/4011/katherine-hastings

Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/c7Ft_5

Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18176503.Katherine_Hastings