• [2] Gabriel

Black ripped jeans and a red flannel covered my body. I wore a red bandana over my head aswell.
Alex and I are currently walking around the campfire. I overhear Logan and Carl talking about the truths behind Disney movies and that there are no other dark skinned kids in the camp. Besides Dariush and I quote 'he doesn't count; he's so rich he's almost white'.
The campfire roars wildly, making Alex's breathing heavy and he flinches.

"It's okay, Alex." I try to soothe, but that just makes his breathing even more heavier. "Just breathe. In. Out." I breathe with him. Atleast that works. Note to self: Alex suffers from PTSD in fires. Get it got it good.
Walking up the bridge, I spot the small Chinese girl from before. I think her name was Zhenzhen. And I also think Alex has the major jones for her.
"I'm gonna go get some food." I whisper, nudging him before I turn around.

"What do you mean?!" He gave a strained whisper-shout.

"I mean; I'm not going to be a cock block!" I return the tone and walk to the food.

Alex's POV

I groan internally. Why did my first friend have to leave me with the girl who turned me down the first time I spoke with her?!
I look at her, only to be met with her gaze. This time, it wasn't stone-cold. It was warm and inviting, but also a 'talk to me and I'll beat your ass' look. She turns and looks up at the stars that scatter the sky. It's beautiful. I do the same, but atleast a couple metres away.

Y/N POV

The cacophony of chatter fills the air as I walk along the dirt path with Alex. This morning, I chose to wear some short black, denim shorts with a plain black singlet. I wrapped my signature red and black flannel over my waist with my signature bandana.

"So, to get the twist, you have to flick your fingers, but they have to be strong because it can get hard." Alex explains and he demonstrates how to spin the rubix cube quickly. I nod.

"Ooh! Oo. There's Zhenzhen!" I point to the small Chinese girl, whose wearing a khaki play suit with a sash full of badges and a fur-Russian-looking hat. She looks like a Girl Scout. I see Alex's panicked look. "Dude, trust me. She's into you-"

"Then why hasn't she spoken to me?!"

"Since when does she speak?" We laugh and stop infront of Zhenzhen. Alex gives an awkward wave, Zhenzhen gives a small smile and I give an eye roll. I was about to leave them when I got shoved.

"Move! Shotgun!" Dariush ran to the cars front seat.

"Ugh. Jerk!" He's lucky he's out of my reach or I would've knocked his arrogant-ass out.
"Let's go." Alex, Zhenzhen and I get into one of the four vans that line up and down a wider version of the dirt path. A dirt road. I sit next to Zhenzhen and Alex gets two seats for himself. Atleast he did before,

"Alright y'all, the king is back!" Dariush announces as he scooches next to Alex.

"Who?" I hold back a smile at my snarky comment. He's turns back and flips me off.

"Alright, scoot over, man." He shoves his hips into Alex's, "Move, man! My nuts is hot!"

I gag loudly, making him flip me off once again.

                           ☾

"Uh, sorry guys. Some kid shit the canoe while shooting the rapids." A camp leader says. Everyone lets out a discouraged sound.
"Hey, cosmo, we're gonna need the second hose down here. It'll just be a few more minutes." She says.