• [7] Adidas Assholes

☾

"That was the same alien from camp. I thought we killed that thing!" Dariush pants. I stomp after them, making my way up the green hill. I have little legs!

"Well, if it came down with the capsule," I start, settling at a fast past beside Zhenzhen.

"It survived the heat of atmospheric re-entry." Alex cuts in, "which means it must have tremendous cellular regeneration abilities."

"English, please!" Zhenzhen speaks up.

"It's like wolverine!" I pipe, receiving 'oh's from the group.

"But why is it following us?" Gabriel asks.

"It's pissed about it's dog! You ever watched Marley & Me or Beethoven?" Dariush says factually, "It's a primal bond! It's out for revenge. Ask John wick."

"You're putting human motives on an alien life form. No, it probably just had orders to kill Collins and anyone she came in contact with. We're just loose ends of this thing." Alex answers. We're on top of a hill that overlooks the destroyed city.

"The dog theory was better." Dariush whispers.

"Who gives a frogs fat ass why?" Zhenzhen shouts, probably fed up with the bickering, "This ain't comic-con, bitches," I exchange a look with Gabriel, "All that matters is that it wants us dead. And we can't kill it."

"She's right. We should just keep moving." I say, squinting at the four..

"Why is it up to us to save humanity?!" Dariush whines.

"What? Do you think someone else should do it? Of course you do. The kid whose always had everything done for him. Maybe mommy and daddy can pay the alien to go away," Gabriel shoves Dariush. I go to settle him down, "Buy him a new Mercedes-"

Before I can intervene, Dariush has already head-butted Gabe and they're both on the ground.
"You don't know my family, dude!" Dariush shouts. The boys wrestle in the ground.

"That's enough!" I pull them apart, giving both of them my best 'disappointed-mother' look.

"You don't know me! My family has nothing!" Dariush continues.

"Oh yeah! Except for a car dealership, a mansion and a yacht!" I place a hand on Gabriel's shoulder, trying to get his to calm down. His eyes flicker to me, one of them swelling, and flicker back to Dariush. He takes a deep breath.

"The dealership is gone! It's all gone! That's why they sent me to camp, man." Dariush's voice breaks, Gabriel wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"It's. It's just stuff." Gabriel says in a calm voice.

"I don't know who I am without all that stuff." I've never seen Dariush so vulnerable. So quiet. "And.. they're taking my dad. He's going to jail."

"I'm sorry, Dariush." Gabriel apologises, looking down a bit in shame.
The radio went off in Zhenzhens bag. Morse code plays.

"I'm sorry for head butting you. You should clean that up.."

Gabriel wipes the blood from under his nose,
"It's.. it's fine."

"No, it's doctor Fielding." I snort, laughing at my own dad-joke. Everyone just shakes their head and rolls their eyes.

"He's trying to contact us." Zhenzhen says, "We gotta go."

"Maybe we should try and find some clothes?" Alex offers, "No clue what that thing can track. But it might be our scent."

"Then let's go!" Zhenzhen almost shouts. I'm still looking around, almost choking with laughter at my joke.

"You don't- it was - wha-" I try in between fits of laughter, "no?" I sober up. Gabriel shakes his head a little,

"No, y/n." He says softly. I frown and pout, cross my arms and stomp after them.

                              ☾

"I know Gucci is downstairs! Let's go." Dariush pants as we run down the escalator.
It's completely abandoned.
There's starwars mannequins with light sabres, which Dariush immediately runs up to - along with Alex and Zhenzhen. Dariush starts making sounds of the Sabre.

I go to the adidas mannequins, seeing that there's five of them, two girls and three guy mannequins.
"Hey, Gabe." I shout.

"I'm right here!" He says behind me, making me giggle.

"Oh right, sorry. Anyway, what do you think about these?" I play with the hem of the mannequins shirt.

"Absolutely. Guys!" He calls, already picking up the mannequin that looks like his size. They all stumble over,

"Hmm?"

"Grab your mannequin and get changed. The sooner we get out of here, the better."

I chose the mannequin wearing tight camo pants with a black tank top. I wrapped my bandana back around my head after trying to comb my hair with my fingers. I have my iconic red flannel on aswell, tied up at the waist. I peer at myself in the mirror, and once content with my look, I step out of the change rooms and walk out into the main foyer - taking random shit from shelves as I go along.

   ☾