Year 3 Without You

You walked offstage with a sad aura.

You said goodbye and many lights flashed. My ears started to ring from the overflowing bangs from the tens of fireworks bursting simultaneously.

You tried to distract us from you leaving so it wouldn't be as heart-wrenching.

I didn't want to attend your last performance since I knew it would hurt me. In the end, the sense of regret from not going would kill me so I attended.

Your last show, free for all to attend. I arrived late so I was far away. I pushed through the crowd to reach you, calling, calling and calling. I even tried singing lyrics to your songs to try to receive an answer. My voice just faded within all of the other ARMYs' voices.

I finally reached the stage and reached my hand out. Before I knew it, tears spilled off my cheeks and I was consumed my emptiness.

You were crouched in front of me.

You reached back at me.

You wiped my tears with a cloth and handed it to me.

"Don't cry. I don't want to go either."

I held the cloth tightly, too tightly, and a pool of tears poured from me harder than before.

"Don't go! Don't go!"

"I can't hear you—"

"Don't go! Please don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry—"

"I know it's selfish! But you... you... you all are my inspiration!"

"I... I..."

You turned from me and looked away.

You appeared disappointed.

When you finally turned back around, you cupped your mouth and whispered into my ear.

"It's from all of us. Don't ever stop believing in us, and wait for us to come back? Okay?"

Then you walked away.

I would just be a person in the crowd to you. You wouldn't remember me or my agony of seeing you be dragged offstage.

A few angry fans started screaming at me to know what you said.

What you said meant a lot.

It means a lot.

I wouldn't be here now without them.

It's been 3 years since you all left.

I've been waiting.

I haven't been crying.