Chapter 1

"I’ve never stopped loving you, Amanda. Not for a moment. Not once."

- The Best of Me, coming to theaters October 17

Chapter 1

Thump!

What the hell?

Thump! Thump!

What is that noise?!

Thump! Thump! Creeek –

Oh, for goodness sake! Aidan threw the blankets away from his body as he sat up to glare at the figure opening his curtains, momentarily blinding him from the sunshine entering his darkened room.

“Mom!” Aidan groaned, staring at her as if she entered his sanctuary without permission – which, she kind of did so...

“Aidan, do you see what time it is?” His mother, Emma Rogers, snapped back as she moved along his room to move some of his thrown clothes out of the way. “Hurry up, your sister is already awake and waiting for you.”

Right.

Of course.

Stupid sis. Stupid school.

“Why can’t Stace drive herself, then?” Aidan complained, lying back down with a groan. “She recently got her license already, I don’t understand why she can’t just drive to school and –“

“Well,” Emma shrugged, as she reached for the door. “You know your father. He’s stricter with her than you, which I find to be quite barbaric. I’ll talk to him again, but in the meantime, get up or you’re both going to be late for school. You wouldn’t want to ruin that perfect attendance record you’ve got going on, don’t you?”

She raised an eyebrow at him with that annoying look mother’s give, making him cringe.

“Oh no!” An obnoxious voice interrupting them, coming from the doorway. “We wouldn’t want our son to ruin his nerdy reputation! The shame!”

They both whirled around to see Aidan’s dad, Drake Rogers, leaning against the door and smirking at them both.

“Drake,” Emma rolled her eyes, the amount of annoyance filling her up. “You’re not helping.”

“Our own son! Missing a day in school!” Of course Drake continued, placing his hand on top of his heart and gasped in a mocking tone, “The scandal!”

“I told you to go and start making their breakfast.” Emma snapped in annoyance, “Go downstairs and do it now while Aidan showers and changes.”

“Excuse you,” Drake straightening up, “No one tells me what to do.”

“I just did.” Emma back talked, walking towards him. “What are you going to do about it, Mr. Drake Rogers?”

Drake stared at her for a few seconds, that small smirk once again back on his face as his gaze slowly dropped down to analyze her whole body. “That’s… actually so kinky, I kind of –“

“I need to shower!” Aidan hollered out, sitting up. “Get out!”

Emma grabbed Drake’s arm and pushed him out the door; ignoring his protests.

As soon as she walked out and closed the door, Aidan let out another rough groan and pulled the pillow over his face, wondering why he has such an uneventful life. “Eff school.”

After a few seconds of that episode, he placed the pillow behind his head again and stared at the ceiling, staring at the little small bumps spread across; his mind going elsewhere.