▪14▪

DAY 46
B.E.A.R. LABORATORIES
LEVEL 5

"Quit moving, Theseus!" Veronica commands to the grumbling lycan. She is currently trying to cut his hair, but he keeps pushing his head into her hands, making her progress much slower than it should be.

Theseus sighs under his breath; she really doesn't know how much she affects him. He can't get enough of her touch, hence him trying to get her to pet him. He normally wouldn't do this, it's weird, but sometimes he forgets he isn't a wolf.

He was quite relieved when she asked if he wanted a hair cut. Finally getting rid of his insanely thick hair will make bathing much easier, and he will look handsome for his mate. He wonders if they will allow him to shave or if she will just be cutting his hair. It was a trying ordeal getting them to consent to having scissors in his cell, let alone a razor.

"I think that's got it," Veronica says, pulling him out of his daze. "Here, look in the glass and you might see your reflection."

Theseus stands up and brushes some of the fallen hair off of his shoulders. He looks into the glass and takes in his new appearance. His hair is short, but not buzzed. It falls just above his ears. A few parts are crooked, but he barely notices, for he only glances at himself briefly before instead looking at Veronica's reflection next to his.

Her hands are clasped in front of her and she looks down at the ground shyly. Her lower lip is tucked between her teeth and her cheeks are tinted pink. He smiles at her cute blush.

Veronica didn't realize how handsome Theseus was until he had a more clean-cut appearance. She knew he was good looking, but not drop dead gorgeous. Yes, she had seen men who were extremely handsome before, but something about Theseus makes him 1,000 times more attractive.

His hair is much shorter, showing off his eyes better. The wild, untamed appearance is gone, only to be replaced with raw masculinity and strength. His eyes are dark and brooding set above a straight nose. He has high cheekbones and a well defined jaw. He is wearing a shirt today, though she isn't sure why. A part of he wishes he wasn't. She looks away blushing, realizing she was staring.

"I-I'm sorry if my hair-cutting job is horrible. I'm not the best at it and I'm surprised you actually let me cut your hair. I think you look good though," she rambles aimlessly, still keeping her gaze on the ground.

Theseus steps towards her and places a finger under her chin. She looks up at him and he wishes he could kiss her reddened cheeks. "Thanks," is all he is able to say.

She bites her lip, something that instantly catches Theseus' attention. "No problem." He pushes himself away and sits down on his bed. "I'm going to go get a broom. I'll be back."

Theseus can't help the small whine that leaves his lips as she closes the door behind her. He knows she will come back, she always does, but he just can't help being afraid that this time she won't.

▪▪▪

Veronica returns after a few minutes, Theseus perking up at her arrival. She sets to work cleaning her mess and Theseus watches her from his spot on the bed. He takes in her casual attire: skinny jeans, a T-shirt with the words AC/DC on the front (he isn't sure what those mean), and a pair of Converse. He is glad she is wearing casual clothing, he finds himself too distracted when she wears skirts and more revealing tops.

Theseus likes that she is so comfortable with him--explaining newer technology and trends. He still has a hard time understanding what a meme is, though. He doesn't even try to grasp the concept of films, much to her displeasure. She says she will show him sometime, but he doesn't see that happening.