Love Is Torture

(Starfire's POV)

When I woke the up, I was strapped to a torture machine. Why would Red X taser me? Why was I the here? Suddenly it all came back to me quicker than the Kid Flash could run. I knew his identity, and he did not want me to tell my friends. This must do the erasing of memories, I thought as I looked down at the metal bars that held me in the place.

"Please" I called out into the darkness. "There is no need for the torture. Just erase my memory of you, and let me the go."

"That cannot happen." A cloaked figure stepped into the dimly lit light. "In fact, we need your memory more than anything." His voice was the familiar. Very familiar. 

"Slade?" I asked in confusion. "We have not seen you in the years. You are supposed to be the dead!"

He belt me across the face, leaving a sharp sting. "Slade was a mistake. Merely a persona, a man who was a failure. I answer only to Deathstroke now." 

"Names do not the matter. Why am I the here?" I asked.

"Because of my new apprentice." He gestured to Red X, who was not even looking at the me as he took his place by Deathstroke. 

"Unfortunately, X here made an unfortunate mistake by revealing his identity to you. That means we had to speed up the plan a little before you could report back to your pathetic team." He smirked. 

My heart the sunk. "You..you knew about our plan?" 

"Of course, princess." Deathstroke smiled wickedly. "Do you think Jason ever really thought that  a beautiful girl like you could like criminal scum like him?" He said, practically spitting in Red X's face. "Go. Begin the process."

"No, do not listen to him! Do not carry out his evil deeds!" I shouted, as one last plea of hope.

Red X took off his mask, revealing the face that I had fallen for. "Sorry, cutie. But a man's gotta do what he's gotta do." He hooked suction cups to my brain, that would suck out everything I ever knew, and give it all to Deathstroke. 

"What do you the need from my memory?" I asked, struggling against the metal restraints.

"Oh, just the identity of a certain Robin." Deathstroke walked going over to the levers that would start the machine. "For business reasons." he laughed at his explanation.

"If you are truly evil." I looked up with wide eyes at Red X, who was about to start the torture machine. "Then go ahead. Do what you must." I looked the down, preparing myself for the doom. He looked up at me thinking about my statement, and sighed in distress. "Cutie, I-" A blast from Deathstroke's cannon sent him flying to the other side of the room, hitting a wall.

"If you are too weak to complete the task, I will!" shouted Deathstroke, coming up to the lever that would start the  process. He reached down, about to pull it, when a birdarang hit his hand. He yelped in pain. "Who did that!" He shouted up, into nothingness, when someone tapped him on his shoulder. "We did." 

Beastboy, Robin, Cyborg, and Raven were standing behind Deathstroke, ready to fight. They looked powerful, and the angry.

"You hurt our family." Cyborg and Beastboy yelled, readying the sonic cannon.

"You hurt my best friend." snarled Raven, using her powers to break the lever that would've tortured the me.

Robin looked angrily at Deathstroke, then looked at me right in my eyes. "You hurt my love."

My heart felt the complete again. Robin really did the care for me! My strength came back with a fever, and I broke through the metal bars with my bare hands. "Let us kick the butt!" I shouted, my eyes flaring. 

Red X got up from the hit, dusted himself off, and grabbed a birdarang. "Right behind you, princess." 

"If we're done with the small talk.." Robin glared at Red X. "Titans, GO!"

I zoomed at Deathstroke, firing my starbolts, but he dodged. Friend Raven and I came up behind the him, and she flung him toward a wall. Robin and Red X raced towards his fallen body, each wanting to deliver the final blow. When they reached the him, they started arguing. 

"Get off of me! I'm fighting him, just like you are." shouted Red X, after Robin blocked him from getting to Deathstroke.

"Fighting him?" snarled Robin, jabbing his staff into Red X's chest. "Knowing you, you would be HELPING him!" 

Red X started to slowly back away. "It was a mistake." He spat, than suddenly went quiet. "It was just a mistake." He started to silently sob, but I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I forgive the you."I said softly to Red X. "Now let us defeat this villain." He smiled, and we looked at Deathstroke, who had gotten up. "You..I will not be down for long" he croaked. "I will..return.." He fell to the ground again, and Robin hoisted up and handcuffed him. "Maybe you will, Deathstroke, but we'll be ready." Robin smiled at the team, then gestured to Red X. "Teleport him to the jail." 

"With pleasure" he said. After Red X got back, Robin shook hands with the him. "Thank you for helping us, but we're still be chasing you around if you ever decide to steal xenothium again." He smiled. Jason smiled the back, than suddenly whipped off his mask. "You won't need to be chasing me."  Robin gaped at him. "Uh, X?" He asked. "Secret identity much?"

"I don't care about my identity anymore.  I'm going back to gotham to help defeat villains. I became a solo thief because I had no family, could trust no one. But now, thanks to you, cutie, I think I'll be ok." He kissed my cheek, than pressed the button that made him teleport. "You take care of her, birdbrain. Catch you later." 

We stared at the sky in disbelief. "Well, that was unexpected." Cyborg said. 

"Uh, what just happened?" asked Beastboy, mouth open in confusion.

"What happened is that Red X won't be bothering us anymore." Boyfriend Robin smiled, and put his arm around me.

"Aw, dang it. I was enjoying my plan!" whined friend Beastboy.

"I agree with tofu man for a change. Robin being jealous was pre-tty funny." Raven smiled softly.

"Shut up, you two." Robin laughed, and held me tighter. He whispered in my ear, saying something no friends could hear or make fun of. "You're mine now, and that's all that matters." 

"That is all that will ever the matter." I whispered back, and we walked back to Titans Tower.

----------------------------------------------

This was a fun story to write, so thank you for reading!

Go to my profile and check out my other teen titans stories!

----------------------------------------------