Acceptance

"Really? Are you dating with Pagie?" I stopped at the doorway.This was the voice of his friend John, if I am not mistaken.Peter, my boyfriend was talking about him coming to his house today, but I didn't think it would be at lunchtime.So now they are talking about me.
"Yeah.It has been just 5 days I guess"-Peter replied a bit surprised by his friends tone.
" So that means you didn't have sex yet, but you kissed her, right?"-he was extremely curious
"Why are you asking?"-Peter inquired his surprised look not leaving him
"Just tell me"-John was serious
"Yes.It was yesterday "
"How it felt?"-John's eyes lit up eager for answer
"You don't know how kissing feels like?"-Peter laughed
"I mean her lips are so puffy and heart-shaped and full and pinky, it must have been sensational,something out of the kind."
"Yeah.It was not the same with her as it was with other girls.Her kiss was passionate.The one after which you don't have to wipe your mouth"
"Great.Though her lips are not hers"-
"What do you mean?"
"Didnt you know? Her lips are made. Don't give me that naive look,Pete.Did you in fact think that such damned shapy lips would be hers? That's why I was asking you how it felt like "
"How do you know that?"
"Oh, man such things go viral immediately.By the way, be careful with her boobs while squeezing them if You don't want a balloon get a needle ."
"You mean her breasts are done?"
"Yes they are.Dont ask me about the source of this information "
This was so breaking to hear such discussion about my body.I don't deny what they were talking about , but still it is not decent to gossip about my body as if it were a newly bought car.To stop myself from sinking further, I imitated approaching footsteps.
"Hey, guys." I greeted them with a cheerful fake smile.
"Hello,you must be Pagie.We were just talking about you"-i shook his hand
"And about what exactly?"-i asked naively
"About how beautiful you are "-he said sarcastically.Damn he is looking at my lips.I looked at Peter, but he tore his gaze away.I hope he is not regretting that he gave me his apartment keys.
"I have to be going Pete.See you soon, Pagie" And John left.I looked at Peter, he was deep in thought
"Has something happened, dear?"-i asked worried
"No" and after some seconds he added:
"And please don't call me "dear", it has been just a few days since we know each other, we are not at the point of naming yet"
"You mean it sounds fake when I call you this?"
He hesitated but gave me an honest reply
"Yes"
"What makes you think that?"
"Lets put off this conversation until later. I am not in the mood"
"Tell me now"-I insisted my voice a bit raised
"Ok. You know, recently i have seen statistics about the percentage of people laying under knife to change their appearance.The figure was surprising.And it got me thinking why do people wish to reshape their body?" I knew he was hinting at me.He was just too well mannered to ask straightforward.
"Maybe it is because this is considered cool fashionable and kinda trendy. You know, all celebrities are doing it."
"Are you serious? Just because someone is doing it does not mean you should.It is bullshit.I don't see a single reason that could justify such actions.I just think people are not grateful to God by how they were created.I mean it is okay to be lay under the knife if it somehow assists your physical capacity like you can't walk or breath properly but..."
"Stop" I cut him off.I was furious by what he was telling about me by saying "people" Then i began my speech
"I have a friend.Her lips are not hers, she in fact bought them.But you know why? I remember her own lips were beautiful and she liked them.But hearing her father tell that her lips are ugly and remind him of her mother who abondened them right after giving birth to her was devastating.She did not want to be associated with her mom who so cruelly left her.As long as she remembered herself. Her father used to say "Your lips are just like your slut mother's" .Her dad did not love her much and always asked to some how cover those lips so he would not be reminded of her mother. He said that such lips seduced him and he ended up like this alone and with a baby.And when she grew up, though her lips were red and small just like she loved them, she decided to change them just because of her dad's statements." I did not want to stop just with this.
"Besides, i watched a video in the Youtube.A woman spent all her savings on cosmetic surgery and still could not stop.Everything began with her breast. She told that when she was a schoolgirl ,she fell in love with a guy of her dream.They dated for five months and that time was fabulous.She thought he was her true love.They were 17 years both.But after some time she spotted him with her best friend, they were kissing.She loved him so much that she did pretend like nothing has happened.But after a week that guy himself broke up with her.Her heart was broken ,she was totally depressed.When she recovered a bit, she went to him to ask why.You know what he said? He said that her boobs were too small to squeeze ,that breast of her best friend with whom he was dating was ripe and was soft and meaty. Then she accused her chest. She made her breasts guilty of not being big enough to him. She literally thought it was her body's fault, not hers. That is why she decided to implant them when she grew up."
Having said those words, I dashed out of apartment.Tears streaming down burned my cheeks.I caught a taxi and seated myself in the back.The driver stared at me with worry, I begged him not to ask for anything.He obeyed.I said to drive me to hospital where i had been many times already.I knew my way through the hospital.I headed to the familiar room.I knocked the door
"May i enter?"-i inquired
"Sure.I am free"-the doctor answered
"Hey, it is you, Pagie. It is a surprise to see you here again. Last time you promised it was your last operation." i wasn't listening to him.
"Can you retrieve everything you have done?"
"What?"-his apples widened.
"I mean can you get all the stuff you injected in  out of my body so I look as I used to.?"-i was crying
"Why? I remember you wanted this so much.I warned you about risks of death, i showed you photos of what could happen if anything went wrong, you almost died,when the implants in your breasts reacted in a bad way. You spent so much money.You overcame so much pain.I remember you could not sleep for days because the medicine was causing hurt.You bore everything,you didn't howl with pain.You did not take painkillers because they could make anything go wrong.Why now do you want to be your initial self?" His words reminded me of days I laid in this hospital.I saw he cared for me so I gave him my honest reply.
"Because all i did was for acceptance.I wanted to be accepted by my father.I didn't want to be like my slut mother.I did not want my breast to let me down again.I wanted people to see beauty when they looked at me.I wanted little girls to look at me with admiration and say they want to look like me when they grow up as i always did looking at celebrities.I wanted my schoolmates to say what a beautiful lady i have become.I wanted Neil my classmate who dumped me when i was in fifth grade to regret that we broke up, to make him try to get me now.I wanted my birthmark on my chest to get removed because once a guy said I didn't wash myself properly that there is a brown spot left.When I did not choose the dress my heart fell onto for my high school graduation because my breasts were too small to fit rightly.But now i see that everything i did was for people who don't care about me.Their comments is not worth a thing.I lost my self love in a path to win acceptance and admiration."