✰ Boss up tips ✰

Take care of yourself (self love/care) - This is important in general because if you don't take of yourself by just doing the basics, how can you fully achieve your goals ? I mean of course you could.... But i would like to imagine  it won't feel as good as it possibly could if you're in bad health mentally/physically/emotionally

fight back against negative thoughts - this is one of the hardest things for me to do especially. It's so easy when you're depressed or something doesn't go as planned to start feeding yourself negatives things about yourself. So whenever you notice your negative thoughts wiggling their way in stop them and tell them to shut up and leave you alone. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes, and there will be times in life where you're on a downward spiral, but that doesn't give you the right to put yourself down.

hustle/set goals and take steps to achieve them - make a list of all your major goals in life or for a time span (5 years etc). Research the steps to achieve them and write down how you want to go about those steps. And most importantly start now. Because if not now when? Don't assume you're too young (or even too old) to go after your dreams. 

work to get the appearance you want - seriously start a workout plan and edit your daily diet if you feel you need to drop a few pounds, tone your body etc. If you've got extra money (or save up) go shopping to buy some clothes that will give you the look you want ('baddie', professional, edgy etc). Get a new haircut... hopefully, you get the idea.  

know when to quit (not give up) - in my opinion, there's a difference between quitting and giving up. Part of you being on your A-game means knowing what battles to fight and what battles to leave alone.

learn about something that interests you - Singing, Volleyball, and DJing are some of the top stuff that really interests me. So in my free time when I've got nothing better to do, I look up interesting tidbits about the which subject I'm in the mood for and broaden my knowledge about it.

have off days/zero days - if you're not feeling productive one day, that's ok. Do what you have to and just get through the day. What about a zero-day? Plan one day during the week (as often as you would like) where you plan to do absolutely nothing besides relaxing and well focusing on what makes you happy.

reinvent yourself (there's a reason why new phones get released) - when I say this I don't mean changing yourself appearance wise. What I mean is improve yourself by learning new skills or mastering the ones you already know to create a new and improved version of yourself.

hype yourself up (because sometimes you need a reminder that you are the shit) - do I need to explain? If you know you look fabulous or you did something really well, gas yourself up aloud. People might think you're bragging but you're allowed to celebrate outwardly when you feel good. Celebrating in your head just doesn't cut it sometimes.

take care of your mental and physical health - this is kind of a repeat... make sure you get enough sleep, you're eating enough, exercising in some format daily etc. Also when it comes to your mental health talk to someone you trust about the way you feel and what's going on in your head. Try out journaling. See a therapist/psychologist if you feel you need to- you might find out there's an underlying reason for why you feel a certain way constantly and there are more than one ways to solve it. Plus, it might help you to save your life. I know it did for me, in more ways than one.

build better relationships (and leave bad ones) - having strained relationships with others is no fun, so make an effort to fix them. Try to talk to the person and see if you two can work out the problem. If you can't because there's no compromising with them, walk away but at least you have the knowledge that you tried. If you're in a bad/toxic relationship (not just romantic)- leave it. It can be really hard or scary but in the end, you'll realize how much better your life is without them/the relationship.

go on adventures/do something you consider 'bad' (not illegal...) - take trips solo or with friends. Go somewhere you've never been or just drive until something or somewhere catches your eye. As for the second part, I added this because I'm someone who does as told and always follows the rules. For me, something 'bad' qualifies as something I wouldn't normally do and is going to get my blood pumping. I believe doing something like that every once in a while is good for the soul.

make me time - this is something I personally have been trying to do every day. I feel so often some of us find ourselves focusing and prioritizing other tasks throughout the day but taking fifteen minutes to just focus on you and is equally as important.

enjoy life - honestly, we tend to stress so many things in life and focus on achieving our biggest goals that sometimes we forget to truly enjoy life. So when you get the chance, color in a kids coloring book, play on swings, blow bubbles, go on a scenic walk... just do something that you used to love back when times were simpler and more carefree.

Source: " Creatingbliss" from Tumblr.