Marriages (filler)

Daenerys held court to officiate the formal legitimization of her soon-to-be consort and the granting of royal pardons for the Golden Company. She turned to her left to give her intended a small smile. In the few weeks that passed they had proceeded with the official courting rituals. It was odd for Daenerys at first but the way Aegon was quick to anger at insinuations of slights reminded her of Viserys, his calm and quiet moments of planning and contemplation of Drogo and his flirtatious courtship of Daario en route to Meereen. Every moment they shared a lovers embrace, she unconsciously touches the spot a certain Stark had stabbed her. It takes time for her to reconcile that she is alive, her children are alive, Missandei is alive and so many of her people are still living and breathing.

Turning back to address the court, Arianne Martell walked up the dais and lowered herself to the seated Queen and whispered, "A raven arrived," Daenerys held her breath, "from Winterfell. Jon Snow, King in the North is en route South and seeks audience. He comes via sea." It dawns upon the young Queen that this was an inevitable situation. "Inform the docks to not attack any Stark ships and prepare the usual accommodations in the Red Keep." She nodded to the dornishwoman who had replaced her father Doran Martell. The elderly Prince decided to return to Dorne content that he requested his daughter succeed his council position, she assented.

As there were no more petitioners, she concluded court with long delayed appointments. "As there are no longer any who seek to lay their petition before Us, it is decided to conclude today's session. However, there are still appointments to be made." She turned to Aegon, who got the signal and descended the steps of the throne and knelt before her.

"Your Grace, your servant is here to do your bidding." For a moment her heart beat again at the sense of loyalty emanating from her intended.

"Aegon Blackfyre, in honour of our engagement and soon union in marriage, We have decided after much contemplation and counsel to raise you to the dignities of a Prince of the Blood." Whispers immediately erupted amongst the court, she turned to her Unsullied who knocked their spear butts onto the ground to demand silence.

"Rise Prince Aegon," he slowly looked up and stood straightened, "rise and stand before Us all as Prince of Summerhall and soon, Our consort." The court clapped in honour of the newly appointed Prince as he walked up the dais once more to her side as if a Queensguard.

"Now, for a matter long delayed by war and crisis. Edric Storm and Gendry Waters, come before Us." From amongst the crowd, came forth two young men, similar of age and looks. Black hair, blue eyes and lean build. For those who survived the Baratheon-Lannister reigns, it was clear who these two were.

"The Stormlands lacks leadership, they are in crisis and now they seek leadership. Their lords, present before today's court have seek Royal Mediation to restore order and stability to the region. We, after much counsel from our wise advisors, declare before this court and to all of the Realm that these men before us be legitimized as sons of House Baratheon." There were no whispers this time, there was only silence.

"The ties that bound House Targaryen and House Baratheon began from the friendship of Orys Baratheon and our Founder, Aegon the Conqueror. We admit that We are disappointed and dismayed at the behavior of the previous Baratheon generation but in Our wisdom find that no child should be judged for the sins of their parents." She slowly stood up and walked down the steps of the dais and with an attendant passing Dark Sister to her grasp, she raised and lowered the blade upon the shoulders of the kneeling Baratheons.

"To Edric Baratheon, Lordship of Storm's End and Paramountcy of the Stormlands," He rose and gave his thanks with pledges of fealty and loyalty before bowing and returning to the crowd.

"To Gendry Baratheon, position of heir to his brother and should a time when House Baratheon has sufficient heirs, the position of Chief of the Royal Armory and Advisor-Representative of the Stormlands in our Court." As both men stood before her, with slight tears in their eyes, she beckoned two ladies from the court to come before her.

"The usual precedent for alliance and reconciliation is marriage yet House Targaryen lacks the daughters to do so, however in our kin we do not. To Lord Edric," she held the hand of the first young girl covered behind a sheer silver veil, "our sister from Driftmark, Gwynesse Velaryon as a bride and future Lady of Storm's End." The veil pulled back to reveal a young girl, six and ten namedays at most with the Valyrian look many Targaryens possessed.

"To Lord Gendry," she went and gently took the hand of the second lady whose face covered too by a veil of the same type, "our sister from Claw Isle, Allyria Celtigar as a bride." As both lords awkwardly took the hands of their newly intended in theirs, the court cheered and internally Daenerys cheered the loudest.

It had been a headache a week back as Lady Olenna and her thought of into the night on ways to bind House Baratheon's new generation to the crown. The method was as expected but finding the candidates was tough until Olenna made the joke of wishing Daenerys had more sisters akin to Velaryon and Celtigar. It triggered the idea and she had issued a proclamation soon enough naming Houses Velaryon and Celtigar as cousin kin to House Targaryen in honour of their long service of loyalty to the Targaryen kings. Olenna was impressed with the result, effectively it expanded the Targaryen family tree and provided necessary heirs in case Daenerys died without legal heirs just lacking the same dynasty.

"You're smart and ruthless," the elderly Tyrell said as they shared a late night glass of cooled honey lemon tea. Daenerys gave a grin at the praise, "if you were at the helm many years before, never would I push Margaery to be Queen. In fact, you remind me of her besides the silver hair and violet eyes, too godlike for us roses." The elderly woman laughed at the last part, a hearty and genuine laugh.

"If only you weren't marrying the Blackfyre, I'd get Willas all the way from his books in Highgarden and court you. Alas, it is not to be." She knew Olenna had wished she wed Willas, her eldest grandson and now Lord of the Reach. "Save a child or two for us roses," Olenna winked as she downed the glass of tea and Daenerys had to blush at that.

Olenna reminded Daenerys of a mother figure she did not have and she appreciated her counsel much. It was a Fossoway woman that was the unofficial Master of Coin during Jaehaerys I reign, now it is a Tyrell matriarch as the official Hand of the Queen. Back in Court, the same woman looked on in pride as Daenerys's theatrics had both won the court and shamelessly tied potential claimants as allies without any doubts upon her rule.

Now, Daenerys thought, now we prepare for Jon Snow and his audience. "With that, Court is dismissed." Cheers of Long May She Reign were the reply. Yet until Jon Snow's arrival, she turned to Aegon and gave a quick wink, "Shall we?" She will have some fun without fear of a traitor's blade in her heart.