Union

"You are her perfect prince, agreed, bright and bold and comely as any maid could wish... She is the widow of a Dothraki khal, a mother of dragons and a sacker of cities, Aegon the Conqueror with teats. She may not prove as willing as you wish."

As a consequence of the meeting between the two monarchs, ravens had been dispatched to all corners of the South. The Great Houses had been summoned to Harrenhal, a Great Council of sorts.

Fifteen thousand from the Westerlands under Daven Lannister,
Thirty thousand from the Reach under Garlan Tyrell,
Eight thousand from the Stormlands under Edric Baratheon,
Twenty-five thousand from Dorne under Arianne Martell,
Twelve thousand from the Riverlands under Edmure Tully,
Fifteen thousand from the Iron Islands under Asha Greyjoy.

Daenerys looked from atop her residence in Kingspyre tower to see the mass of men, low and high born alike. She took a deep breath and left her chambers. As she arrived later in the Great Hall, the great lords and ladies of the Realm stood to kneel before her. She took her seat at the main throne, the King in the North standing to the side galleries as a foreign guest with the Onion Knight at his side.

"My lords," she began, acknowledging all the nobility, "we are gathered today to address a matter of great importance to the Seven Kingdoms. We are here to deal with three great matters. First and foremost shall my marriage to Aegon Blackfyre," the nobles cheered and clapped in support, she paused to grace them with her smile pretending to not notice the stare the northern king was giving her.

"Second, reforms concerning the governance of the Realm. And lastly, the threat beyond the wall," for that part, whispers arose which she raised her hand to silence the hall.

"Call them snarks and grumpkins, but these demons of ice are as real as my dragons. An undead threat that will sweep our lands and usher in an eternal winter. If we do not raise our swords to aid the North, then they shall fall and this threat," she paused, "shall end us all before we see Spring."

She summoned Grey Worm who brought her the latest reports from King's Landing and Dragonstone. "The King in the North verifies that the way to kill these ice demons is through weaponising dragonglass or obsidian of which is abundantly found in Dragonstone and Skaagos, islands with significant volcanic activity. Mining operations are in works in Dragonstone and already they have been shipped to King's Landing to arm the Crown's armies with them. Soon there will be more made available to all soldiers." Grand Maester Marwyn and his aide Alleras brought forth a map of Westeros and presented it before the hall.

"The riverlords and reachman shall take the Kingsroad with the King in the North and head to Winterfell. The Iron born and Westerman shall sail via the Sunset Sea and land in the Rills and march to Winterfell. The Stormlanders, Dornishman and Crown forces shall gather in King's Landing, Duskendale and Rosby where the combined Royal-Redwyne navies shall transport them to White Harbour via the Narrow Sea and march to Winterfell."

"Lady Olenna shall be Regent in the Capitol as I head north, and shall be tasked with arranging the delivery of supplies and weapons from the South. The Crown shall expend upon its financial resources to purchase food supplies from the East and will be drawing upon the incomes of Meereen, Yunkai and Astapor for the purchase of sellsail fleets to facilitate the necessary shipments."

As the Hall was silent, "Does the crown have your support?" It was Arianne Martell who stood first, "Now and always, Dorne stands with Daenerys Targaryen." She then bowed, the other great lords followed suit. Daenerys smiled, "now to my marriage, it will be done within three days in this hall." There were gasps at this unannounced plans, "yes it is rushed but I believe now is the best timing for it, Aegon and I have spoken and we agreed it better we wed before war."

"Besides my marriage, there is also the issue of government reforms. When this war is done, we shall speak more of it, but most importantly these new positions are created. Minister of Trade, to Lord Leyton Hightower shall be charged with procuring the necessary imports of resources for this upcoming war. Minister of State, to Davos Seaworth." The last one was a shocker for all present, the newly made Minister looked to his King but Jon caved in and nodded. "Lord Seaworth shall be tasked with maintaining contact with the Free Cities and all foreign powers for the procuring of resources and establishment of embassies in King's Landing."

"With these positions established and appointed, the journey north shall begin the day after the royal wedding."

For Jon who witnessed the great gathering of nobility it made him feel out of place. A bastard king in presence of everyone who actually mattered in Westeros. He had tried to get an audience with the dragon queen but every attempt was rebuffed. The three days to the wedding passed in a blur, every day he would mostly keep to the sides as the Queen and her council planned. He would see how in her spare time she spent in presence of her intended and it grated on him a feeling of jealousy he did not know of. He had seen the Blackfyre male, if he did not know, he would assume he be her brother. Both were of the blood of Valyria in their looks of silver gold hair, pale skin and violet eyes. Squires and attendants whisper of Jaehaerys and Alysanne reborn but everyone knew that it would be the Queen who wore the pants in this marriage.

The day of the wedding was a sunny one, fortunate that the grey skies of winter were spared for the royal match. The great lords and their vassals were present, the wedding was done in Harrenhal's Sept, a big structure as with everything in this ruined castle. The banners of House Targaryen and Blackfyre were lowered and replaced with a United and quartered version. He could only watch as the silver queen entered the hall radiant as ever, a diamond shining with black and reds complimenting her white gown accompanied by none as she walked down the aisle. His eyes turned to her the husband-to-be and clearly that mans eyes were on her alone, atop her head was the crown of Jaehaerys I further adding to the ethereal beauty of the dragon queen. Her intended was cladded in colors of his house, a small smile plastered on his face watching his bride-to-be approach the altar.

The last of her house, she walked alone and presented herself as she climbed the small steps of the altar. The High Septon, obviously exhausted from his rushed trip from the capital could only put up a small smile but a genuine one nonetheless.

"We are gathered here in presence of the Seven-Who-Are-One, as witness to this blessed union between two scions of Old Valyria. For Seven days and Seven nights I have fasted seeking guidance from the Gods and on the seventh night, I was ordained a vision of great blessings for the Queen and her consort-to-be. Seven blessings!" The crowd cheered, the innocent and devout falling for the religious rhetoric.

"In this union blessed by the Gods, I see nothing but greatness to come from it for the glory of this new reign." His attendants bring forth the holy water and oils, at which the royal couple got upon their knees with heads down in deference as the High Septon with holy oil and water drew upon their palms and on their foreheads the Seven Pointed Star. The Queen rose first, "Your Grace, do you take Aegon Blackfyre as your consort and husband to be?" An attendee asked, "Yes, I do." Then came the groom who rose as well to his feet, "Ser Aegon Blackfyre, do you take Queen Daenerys as your Queen and wife to be?" The attendee repeated the question, "Yes, I do."

The two then joined their hands as one as the High Septon tied it together via ribbon, "In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one, for eternity." He then instructs them to, "Look upon one another and say the words." At this point, the bride and groom turn to face each other are recite the following vow in unison: "Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger, I am his/hers and she/he is mine from this day until the end of my days." To seal their union, the groom and bride share a chaste kiss before turning to the audience cheered in their union.

The whole ceremony was painful to watch for Jon as he saw the genuine smile of the silver queen relishing in a moment of joy. He forced himself to give a smile and clap as the guests cheered.

In the distance, the cheers of the guests were followed by the roars of Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion in unison.

Daenerys and Aegon shared a moment as they looked to one another, each with a genuine smile on their face, Daenerys felt her heart beat alive once more as her stomach fluttered akin to a thousand butterflies trying to escape. For Aegon, nothing else mattered. Nothing. Not the lords, not the dragons and not the obvious staring from the bastard Stark. Only Daenerys, only his Queen.

"Only a dragon can love a dragon.."