chapter fourteen

C H A P T E R   F O U R T E E N
•  •  •

"Taylor," he said, nodding to the doorman as he let us through.

Stepping into his building, I tried not to think about every little detail of the furnishings — what I liked, what I'd change. He didn't give me much chance to, in fairness, to analyse each minor placement as he pulled me toward the elevator.

The entire way, he kept his hand on my lower back, guiding me. It was a gentle but urging touch as we kept up appearances. This 'keeping up of appearances' was reserved solely for Taylor's benefit, however, as we waited on the elevator.

As soon as the doors had closed, he was on me. It was so urgent and intense, I found myself struggling to breathe properly in the best way. Each gasped intake of breath I could get as he relinquished his attention on my lips and moved to my neck, made my whole body jolt further into him.

"We didn't use protection," I said on a gasp as he found my sweet spot.

"Are you on the pill?" he asked, pulling back slightly to look at me.

I shook my head. "Coil." I said simply. Pregnancy really wasn't my worry about how irresponsible we'd been. "Are you clean?"

"Clean as the day I was born," he said, going back to his assault on my neck. Babies could be born with chlamydia, couldn't they? He must have felt my slight detachment. "I'm clean, Amara. And I trust you are, too?" I nodded. That was all he needed to have me pushed even further into the wall, using it to stabilise me as our ground connected.

"I've needed this," he said into my skin, whilst running the hand, which wasn't pushing me into the wall, up and down my side.

"You've had me less than an hour ago," I managed to force out, weaving my fingers into my hair as he assaulted my still-sensitive flesh

He sucked on my collarbone. "Not enough."

I found myself smiling at the ceiling. "You're insatiable."

The elevator dinged lightly again and we found ourselves manoeuvring our joined bodies out of the small space and into his expansive penthouse. My eyes darted about the place.

"You've kept everything as I'd put it."

"I trust your vision," he said, meeting my lips again. "And are we really talking about your work right now?"

I sighed in bliss. "Why?" I asked, pretending it wasn't becoming painful to not have him completely as the minutes past. I stepped away, enjoying the incredulous look that plastered itself on his face.

He stood where I'd left him for a moment. I made my way across the apartment.

"If you like this view," he said from right behind me as I reached the large window, out of which I could see most of London. His lips drifted over my neck as he spoke. "You should see the one in my bedroom."

I laughed lightly, turning to face him. "Is this your way of getting me into bed?"

"Is it working?"

Yes. "You're going to have to try a little harder than that."

He took my hand in his and guided me toward the staircase. I had a sense of déjà vu come over me as we went up it. I hoped this time, though, he might take me in somewhere other than a bathroom. Lies. You'd let him take you wherever he wanted.