1

A/n: italics mean a different language :)

"No, no, no!! FRIG YOU!!" I yelled at the video game character as it killed mine. It's a stupid game. But a very addictive game.

"All packed?" Mom asked leaning against my door frame.

Uh oh. How long was she standing there... what did she hear?

I looked up from the holographic screen beaming out of my wrist and stared over at her with wide eyes.

Her eyes were red like she had been crying.

"Yeah, but I don't leave until tomorrow," I said shaking my head.

Mom replied with nothing and left my room, closing the door behind her.

I would've gotten up to hug her but she left too quick.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for leaving, but it's not like I have a choice.

My hologram blinked furiously at me. I sat up straight and accepted the call. The screen faded to the face of my best friend, Clove.

"Hey." I greeted with a warm smile.

"Hey." Clove said back in the same tone. "Alright. So, You leave tomorrow, no?" She questioned with a thick accent.

"Yeah. Tomorrow at... noon? And hey, your English is pretty good." I complimented.

"Thanks, so is yours."

"So can I come over? It's your last day."

"Yeah, come over, I need cheering up, I won't see you for like three years."

Clove furrowed her brows.

"Just, come over." She nodded and made a funny face with her tongue stuck out before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Mom poked her head in the door. Was she just standing outside the door or something? Jesus, privacy.

"Does everyone know English now?" I smiled, wiping the hologram away.

"Learning." She smiled back.

"Well, it was Clove, she's coming over and most likely spending the night."

"Learning." Right.

"Clove's coming over."

She nodded and left. Or did she?

I stood from my fluffy covers and walked over to the closet and I shoved some extra clothes into my big yellow duffle.

"Thought you were all packed?" Clove stood in the doorway of her bedroom with an amused smile.

She lived two places down.

"Just some extra room, thought I'd fill it." I spaced out my words, not that it'd make a difference.

She shut the door behind her and flopped down on my bed with a sigh.

"So, do you want... watch a movie?" Clove drew her words out.

"Sure." I sat up and closed my blinds.

Clove left to get snacks so, I decided to make a fort. I draped a sheet over my bed pegs and tied them with yarn and pulled the sheet over to my desk and weighed the it down with the heaviest books I had.

"What in the world are you doing?" Clove asked ducking down and crawling under my gray sheets. She was definitely excited but I guess just too surprised. I can't remember the last time we built a fort.