2

Everyone hesitated to move, but when one started, so did the rest.

Chole stayed glued to my side and showed no sign of parting from me... and I don't blame her. I was terrified too.

What if this totally sucks? What if it's absolutely terrible and I can't do a thing about it? What if I'm absolutely miserable and-

The panels we stood around hissed and shifted, then slowly opened. Everyone huddled into a group.

"Welcome to Earth!" A friendly voice boomed. I was too far behind people to see.

Our little group slowly moved forward and finally the voice made itself into a physical form. They looked kinda like us... just a bit different. They had five fingers... not three and their skin was in no way normal. Their eyes were a but smaller but it was noticeable.

I thought we would be greeted by Lukas... not humans...

Some of them had a like a chocolate colored skin and others had a lighter, almost like a cream colored skin. Definitely something to get used to.

/

Chole and I somehow managed to stick together, they tried to pry her off of me, but she was not going to move.

We were all separated into different groups based on where we were going to live.

"One... five... fifteen. You guys go down that hall way and take the first right." A tall lady with short black hair tapped our heads and pointed us down a long hallway.

I wouldn't call it totally different, but it was definitely different... it sounds weird but the floors felt different? Must be the gravity change.

I know I'm far from home, but it just didn't feel like it. This gravity definitely is something else though, a lot stronger, I probably couldn't jump as high. Nope. Don't like it here.

Our group of fifteen, including Chole, walked down the hallway till we stopped a large circular white desk and formed a line.

Chole and I weren't exactly in the back were about three people from the end.

It was a pretty fast moving line though so I can't really complain.

"Name." A bored looking woman with curly short gray hair asked.

"Um Paige Bettan." I answered biting my lip.

"Group 14C. To the right down the hall, eighth door on your left. Your bags will be there for you." She looked down and rummaged around in a big filing cabinet for a key, which she then handed to me.

"What's your name down there?" The woman peered over and eyed Chole.

"Chole." She whispered shyly.

"Give me your wrist." She sighed and held her hand out with many noisy bracelets.

Chole warily gave her arm out and made the poor lady get up from her chair to scan her wrist.

"Chole.... South. And you're eight?" She looked up from her screen.

Chole nodded.

"Group 15F. To the left down the hall, Nineth door on the left. Your bags are there."

I doubt she'll remember that. I'll walk her there... or better yet maybe she can bunk with me.

Chole whimpered.

"Um. Ms. Mandy, if possible, could we be in the same room?" I read her name tag.

"No hun. Sorry."

"Can I... still hang out with her? Like, walk her to her room?"

She eyed the two of us for a second. I think she found it hard to believe I would want to willingly hang out with an eight year old.
"There won't be much time during the day. You can walk her to her room though."

"Okay. Thanks anyway." I awkwardly smiled. I mean who cares if she just sleeps in the same room as me? She can still be with her group all day.

/

A counselor took Chole to her room and I was alone. Weird. I haven't been alone all day. There's always that tiny little hand squeezing my hand every so often.

I found my room and my bag. But now I didn't know what to do. No one else was in my room, yet. There were three other bags, so where was everyone else?

Well. At least I could pick my bed.

I flopped back and stared up at the ceiling. I hoped these two weeks would go by quick. This might totally and completely suck.

/

My roommates finally came in and I actually recognized them. Natalie was Rileys best friends' sister and Cara and Jade lived pretty close to where I did. So fast friends and it wasn't that awkward.

/

"No, she didn't because Lizzy of all people told her he wasn't worth her time." Jade rambled. I didn't understand much. Something about her friend Kelly liking this guy... Landon? And then Landon's ex, Lizzy, told Kelly to not go for him because he wasn't worth it. But if I'm right, Landon dumped Lizzy for using him so I think she was just mad at him.

Man. Girl drama is hard to keep up with.

"Girls, can I come in?" A knock shut Jada up.

"Yeah." We all called out.

"It's time for dinner, come on." A counselor poked her head in the door.

We all got off my bed and went to eat.

/

Earth food... it's not bad. I would've thought it was gross because... well first off all it looked like mud on my mashed potatoes, which is new to me to begin with, so adding mud looking stuff? Not a good impression. However, looks can be deceiving. Very deceiving. Earth food is amazing.

The potatoes were the highlight of the meal but we also had chicken and corn, overall... 8/10.

/

That night none of us could sleep, we were too busy talking. A few times a counselor Savanna had to keep coming in and telling us to be quiet but it was two in the morning and we were still awake.

Finally, we did calm down and go to sleep... at three am.

/

"Time to get up girls!" Savanna knocked on our door.

It was nine in the morning and they were not happy. We only got six hours of sleep. I wasn't that mad because when my mom had the twins and dad died she needed the extra help so some nights I didn't even get to sleep.

We did get up pretty quick and didn't need a second wake up call, so that was good.

We all wandered the hallways before finding the cafeteria and breakfast, which also looked weird but tasted pretty good.

I got a bagel and cream cheese with a smoothie and strawberries. Strawberries look and taste like a fruit we have on Lukarana, but these weren't as sweet. Still good though. 8/10 for breakfast.

I think I'm going to be okay here.

/

Day one was over and honestly, it was pretty fun. We went canoeing on the lake on breaks and learned how to morph into human-form... it's easier than it sounds. But, now we all looked... human, so a step in the right direction.

/////
Sorry it's so short, I'll try and update tonight, but I wanted to update :)