3

A/N: kinda a filler till the end :)

"Who're you messaging?" Cara asked from the other side of the room.

"Just my mom." I answered quickly. It was super late back home, but it was only like eight thirty here. She was panicking because I forgot my necklace. Well it was my special necklace that was passed down eight generations.

"So.... boring, right?"

"I mean I guess."

"Cool, come here." She patted a spot next to her on the bed.

I reluctantly pulled back my warm blanket and joined her.

"We're going to learn an Earth game." She pulled out a small box from her bag. "Savannah taught me."

"Shouldn't we wait for Natalie?" Jada asked.

"She's busy, I think she had trouble morphing so she's gettin' some help." Cara answered.

"So what's this Earth game called?"

"Slap-jack." She opened the box and out fell pieces of shiny paper.

"These are cards, on each of them is a symbol or a number, see?" She shuffled through them, showing us each card. "This is a Queen, King, Ace, and this-" She held up a card with a 'J' on it. "... is the Jack. He's the aim of the game. Everyone gets...." She paused and thought. "The same amount of cards. I don't remember how many cards in the whole box but there's a lot." She spread all the cards out on her bed and mixed them up. "Basically we all go and flip a card at the same time, if anyone flips a Jack, you slap it and if you slap it first you get the entire pile of cards under it. First out of cards, loses."

Makes some sense.

It took about ten minutes but finally, Cara separated the cards into three piles.

"Okay, on the count of three, we flip over a card into the middle. Ready?"

Jada and I nodded.

"One, two-"

"On three or after?" Jada asked just before Cara and I flipped the cards over.

"On. One, two, three."

Nothin.

"One, two, three." We counted together.

Still nothing.

"One, two..."

It went on for a while, Jada got out and it was me and Cara. She was winning but not by much.

"One, two, three."

We both slapped down the cards.

"SLAP JACK!" I called out and slapped my hand down just before Cara could. Now I had her. I had more than half of the cards.

We played for what felt like ever and we kept getting one, losing one, getting one, losing one, etc.

She finally won, but for my first time I wasn't complaining. Natalie came back just as Cara won and we played again. This time Jada and I both got out and it was against Natalie and Cara.

Natalie won.

"I'm going to bed, don't yell please." Jada stood up as Cara set up for round three. It was eleven thirty and I was dead tired.

"Yeah, I'm going to join her." I stood up and crawled under my welcoming covers.

/ Next morning.

"Psst. PSSSSTTTT!!" I was shook awake by Natalie.

"What?" I whispered with one eye open.

"I threw up, I don't know where the nurse is and the other two rocks won't wake up." Her voice sounded shakey.