0

Two more weeks until May 25. The day he graduates. He's worked so hard pushing through his dyscalculia, the five minutes of fame, and just the trials and tribulations of high school life. Gabriel is going to be the first one in his- very small- family to graduate and go to college it's very nerve wracking if he's being honest.

     "Ayo Gabe?" Gabriel looked up at his name being called.

     "Yeah?" He asked putting his pencil down stopping from doodling all over the margins of his paper.

    "You having a party for graduation?" Timothy questioned looking over at him.

     "I didn't think of that," Gabriel thought for a second, I mean he had a constant flow of money from the american government for saving the world but its only seven hundred a month and he has a job thats seven hundred every two weeks but that goes towards food and rent. He just didn't have the money for a big party. "Probably a small get together, what about you, Tim?" He asked going back to his doodling.

    "Yeah! I was thinking of going to strip club maybe, since I'm eighteen now!"

    Gabriel chuckled, "As long as I'm invited you can have it,"

    "I thought it was only the dick for you?"

    "We've went over this Tim," Tim chuckled rolling his eyes, "I'm not gay! I said it as a joke; one time!"

    "Alright, Gabe, I believe you!" He said scarcastically.

    "Whatever, Tim, do you're work,"
-

    Gabriel after turning sixteen got emancipated so now he returns to his small studio apartment alone, as usual. It was always so quiet, no life, barely any decorations. It doesn't look like a home but a house. He huffed putting down his backpack by the door, as usual and then went straight to his bedroom.

    He toed off his shoes as he went to his closet grabbing his workwear. He changed before going to the kitchen to make a snack and his homework before he had to go to work.

   The conversation he and Tim weighed heavy on his mind when he left for work, when he was waiting for the bus, when he was on the bus, and during work. He couldn't help but think about having a party, he wanted one, a fun one with good food. Who would he even invite? He has little to no family, girls who flock themselves at him (Gabriels Groupies is what Tim calls them), and Tim. That's all he has. Well, except the Rim of the World crew that he hasn't talked to in... Forever.

    Maybe inviting them wouldn't be so bad, the only real decoration he had in his apartment was a picture of them after all, but, it'd be so awkward all of them have probably grown so much. I mean, Alex isn't probably the tiny little boy he met when he was just thirteen. ZhenZhen was most likely more badass than before. Dariush? Well, he wasn't exactly an open book. Maybe he wasn't as much as a... Douche for lack of better words.

   "Hey, you should be on break what are you doing making more sandwhiches?" His coworker, Tatiana, asked as she put a box down.

   "I didn't realize it was five already," Gabriel chuckled.

   "Take a sandwhich and go sit down relax, kid,"

   "You act like you so much older than me." He said grabbing a sandwhich going over to the soda-foutain.

   "I am!"

   "You're only a couple months older than me Tatiana," He rolled his eyes.

  "Whatever," She said going towards the back. Gabriel sat down at a table taking his phone out of his pocket looking down at it, blank.

   He went on snapchat and scrolled very far down to the 'SUMMMMAAAAA '19' groupchat that had him, Alex, ZhenZhen, and Dariush.

  GABRIEL: hey guys!

  soft boyo ✨: Uh hi.

  douche boyo 👀: wASSUPPPP!!!!

  badass gorl 🌚: Hey, Gabriel!

  GABRIEL: i wanted to ask you guys a question.

  douche boyo👀: alright moutain hobo ask away

  badass gorl 🌚: Dariush shut the fuck up

  douche boyo👀: eR?! ALRIGHT Z WE FIGHTIN WE BOXIN!

   soft boyo ✨: No, no fighting!

   GABRIEL: im graduating and i was wondering if u wanted to come 👀

  badass gorl 🌚: AWWW!! Guys Gabriels all grown up!!!!!

  GABRIEL: i'll take that as a yes?

  badass gorl 🌚: Of course!!!

  soft boyo✨: What day?

   GABRIEL: i haven't thought that far into it 💀

   douche boyo👀: you have sex yet?

   GABRIEL: no?

   douche boyo👀: that's your answer homie

  badass gorl 🌚: DARIUSH!

  douche boyo👀: iT WAS A JOKE

  gabriel: so ur coming?

  douche boyo👀: i guess 😷

  soft boyo✨: Okay, I'll be there.

  GABRIEL: ·3·

  soft boyo✨: You know how I feel about those dumb faces, I'm not coming turns out!

GABRIEL: iT WAS A JOKE!

  "Why are you smiling so bright over there, G?" Tatiana said leaning over the counter. "oOOOOoooOOOh! Is it a girlfriend?" She teased.

  "What? No. Of course not!" He said before actually eating the sandwhich.

  "Then who?"

   He just rolled his eyes and watched as the group wasn't awkward and thanked God.