five

JENNIE'S POV

"Jennie you're the best!"

"Yeah I'll vote for you!"

"So pretty!"

"And smart!"

I held my chin up while hearing all these people in the crowd cheering for me after being introduced in the stage for a debate where all the school election candidates are required to attend.

My opponent, Chou Tzuyu, was the first one to answer the question.

Her fans cheered. She's the only one to run for the same position as I am because obviously, she stood a chance against me. She's pretty popular in school as well for being beauty and brains.

I was confident to answer every question thrown because I've done it a couple of times before already, but knowing my opponent is huge made me a bit nervous.

"Jen what's wrong?" Jisoo said while rushing to me on the backstage when we took a quick break.

I slipped my trembling hands on my coat before scanning the crowd, "I didn't expect this many people to cheer for Tzuyu, Chu."

Her face grew worried, "But yours are a lot louder."

"It's not enough."

"But—"

"Participants! Please come up to stage," we were interrupted by the staff so I had no choice but to leave Jisoo behind.

But before I got up on stage, my eyes drifted to Tzuyu being hugged by Lisa before going back on stage. My eyebrows furrowed at the sight.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that Lisa and Rosé have been a lot closer these days, they're always together whenever I see my sister.

I shook my head and focused on the debate. Of course, at the end more people were cheering for me. I did well despite being nervous. I smiled one last time and scanned the crowd before leaving, noticing my sister clapping proudly at me with Lisa beside her.

I almost dropped the smile when our eyes met. There's something in her doe eyes that annoyed me, the same time she lifted a brow at me and smirked.

I quickly turned to leave and frowned in annoyance. What the hell is her problem?

While walking out of the venue, I felt someone pull me by the arm. My frown suddenly disappeared realizing that it's Kai who's slowly reaching out to hold my hand.

"You did great today Jen," he said while squeezing my hand and smiling, "I know you'll win."

I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Thanks Kai. You did great too."

We locked gazes for a while until I heard someone cough and that's when I realized that Rosé is already beside me with Lisa.

Kai and I quickly pulled our hands away. He awkwardly chuckled before smiling at the two and saying goodbye to me.

LISA'S POV

"Unnie chukahe!" Rosé said before suddenly hugging her sister. [Trans: Congratulations]

I tilted my head to the side while watching them. There goes Rosé again with her Korean words. Sometimes I feel like she's saying bad words to me whenever she suddenly speak such words but knowing her, she'll probably drink holy water if she even say a single curse.

Jennie laughed while pinching Rosé's cheeks, "I didn't win yet Rosie. It's just a debate. We'll know the results tomorrow after the election."

"I know! But I also know for sure that you'll win Unnie! You're Jennie Kim!" Rosé proudly spat.