i. wikipedia

MÁIRE KAVANAGH
✧∘ ࿐ ཾ

Máire Brín Kavanagh— pronounced
moi-rah breen kav-uh-naw; (born decemeber 17th, 1997) is an irish actress and model. as a child, she had various small roles in acting until finishing her education, at which point she was cast in the lead role of nora collins in the 2017 indie film pointless endeavors. she has since launched a campaign with givenchy, pursued a career in modeling and creating youtube videos, and has amassed an online presence of over five million followers. while nothing has been confirmed, kavanagh has been adamant that she will continue with her acting career in the near future.

born máire brín kavanaghdecember 17th, 1997 (21) belfast, northern ireland, uk residence london, england, ukoccupation actress • model • social influencer years active 2009–present relatives fionn kavanagh ( brother ) iain kavanagh ( father )cara ...

december 17th, 1997 (21)
belfast, northern ireland, uk
residence london, england, uk
occupation actress • model • social influencer
years active 2009–present
relatives fionn kavanagh ( brother )
iain kavanagh ( father )
cara kavanagh ( mother )

✧∘ ࿐ ཾ

EARLY  LIFE
   kavanagh was born on december 17th, 1997, to cara murphy and iain kavanagh, in belfast, ireland. the kavanagh's relocated to little venice, a neighborhood outside of london when máire was eleven due to the demand of her families jobs. around this time, both her and her brother, fionn (who was 17 at the time) began acting once living in london, although máire was mostly cast in smaller roles and stage plays in order to provide room for her to focus on her education.

she attended eaton square mayfair until 16, where she then transferred to the westminister school for her sixth form education. she graduated from high school in 2016, and she continued her education at king's college london— graduating in 2019 with a degree in film studies.

CAREER
while it is reported that kavanagh always had a knack for performing from a very young age and held small roles in some of her fathers films growing up (including appearing in a minor role in 2008's the duchess) she began acting professionally at age eleven. throughout the years, she took many other minor roles across british tv shows such as doctor who, sherlock, and downton abbey.

following in her brother's footsteps, who appeared in the 2010 film, kickass, kavanagh scored her first leading role in the 2017 independent film pointless endeavors as nora collins alongside aaron taylor-johnson. after filming in the summer of 2016, the film (which centered around two young adults as they navigated growing into themselves and into their own adulthoods in london) premiered at the sundance film festival in january 2017 to an extremely positive reception. upon showing at the toronto international film festival and the bfi london film festival, it garnered acclaim and praise from both the international and it's native british film communities. kavanagh was nominated for the 70th bafta "rising star award" and won the 38th london film critics circle awards "british newcomer of the year breakthrough acting award." the film itself won "best british independent film" at the 2017 britsh independent film awards.

    since, she has been the face of a givenchy campaign in 2018, and has pursed an interest in modeling as an ambassador of the company. she also has formed a platform on her youtube channel maire brin and has garnered a strong social media following, from which she has shared she hopes to be acting again more frequently soon.

PERSONAL LIFE
   kavanagh has an older brother, fionn, who is also an actor. she is the daughter of actress cara murphy and director iain kavanagh.

   romantically, it was most famously speculated that she was linked to disney star wesley aikin in 2015, whom she met in early 2014 on the set her father's WWII historical fiction film, boys and men, and has been extremely close to ever since. however, they were both been adamant in claiming that they are purely "best friends." in her last year of high school, she was confirmed to be in a relationship a classmate named drew evans, though they were very private. it has also been rumored that she was in a relationship with wesley's costar rowan blanchard during mid-2017 while she was living in england for an unknown project, though nothing has been ever been confirmed. reportedly, she also had a brief fling with timothée chalamet in early-2018 after meeting at 38th london film critics circle awards.

✧∘ ࿐ ཾ