Chapter 6

Jennie's PoV

We have arrived in Busan. It's a bit rocky. Good thing, her car is high enough to go through this rocky road. I looked at her and we haven't talked to each other ever since we left the gasoline station. She was tired but she refused to rest.

"Are we here?" I asked

"Yeah," Lisa answered

I sat up properly. It was a bit rocky and I am not wearing the right footwear! I'm wearing flat shoes! Why wasn't I informed about this?! The people in front of us were looking at the car that just arrived which is ours.

This conference is for the university. It's our stepping stone to helping those who are in need. I will be pitching this to the dean and we'll see if some of the students will be willing to do what we just did in this conference.

"Are you going or what?" Lisa asked

She was already out. Lisa just knocked on my window. I opened the door and I went down. Ugh. I can feel like I'm going to slip anytime soon.

"Stop being such a slowpoke and let's go," Lisa told me and she walked first

She doesn't know what my struggles are, okay? She's so inconsiderate! I'm carefully and slowly walking through the rocks and I was surprised when Lisa came in front of me again. She squatted in front of me.

"What?" I confusedly asked

"Just hop on my back. I'm not in the mood to wait for you," Lisa said

Since she offered and I needed it. So, I hopped on her back. She supported me by holding my legs. Now, I'm having a piggyback ride from Lisa Manoban. I have never been this close to her. I lowkey smelled her. She smells so nice!

Lisa brought me down when it was less rocky. It was just a flat surface and I walked to the people under the tent. I have to introduce myself of course! We gotta sign up!

"Hi, good morning!" The middle-aged man greeted

"Good morning, sir. I'm Jennie from Seoul University. Mr. Yang sent me here to help you with the street children," I said and he shook my hand

"What nice of you to actually attend this. There are not a lot of students who would want to attend this," He replied as he handed me a name tag. It's a sticker with my name on it.

"Anything to help, sir," I told him

I looked around and there were a lot of volunteers from different schools. Lisa was just sitting as she looks around the area. There were a lot of girls who were smiling because of her and it annoys me. It makes me want to pull Lisa away and tie her on my waist.

"Is she with you?" The middle-aged man asked

"Ah. Yes, sir. It's her penalty for getting in trouble," I answered him

"She looks stressed?" He asked

"I don't know, sir. I think she didn't get enough sleep last night. Do you mind showing us where we'll be staying?" I replied because I want my assistant to have a proper rest before helping me.

"Of course. At the end of this road, you will see a hut. That's where the two of you would stay," He said

What? A hut? I am not a rich person but we're average. Never have I ever stayed in a hut before.

"Thank you, sir," I expressed my gratitude while bowing down

"Manoban!" I called

Lisa's eyes went to mine and she immediately walked to me.