2

Draco's POV

I couldn't believe I had just invited Harry Potter and his merry band of Gryffindorks to my dorm for a party. Furthermore, I couldn't believe they actually agreed.

Then I realised, my dorm is in an unused tower. At the very top. How in hell would Potter end up getting up there in that contraption he's forced to use?

That was a bridge we would cross when we got there. Right then, I had a party to get ready for. It was Friday after all.

I still had to clean my stuff up (or get a house elf to do it) and buy decorations, food and drinks. More specifically alcohol.

A long time ago, I had realised that If alcohol was what you wanted, you needed to go to the Weasley twins or Blaise. Obviously, I always chose Blaise. He's my best mate.

"Blaise. We need a shitload of alcohol by tomorrow evening. Can you get it?" I asked as he walked into my dorm.

"Why hello to you too. Draco, I'm insulted. Do you think I, the best alcohol supplier in the history of this school cannot provide enough alcohol for your small get together?" He feigned hurt.

Rolling my eyes, I started to list what I needed. After a good minute, he nodded and started to talk.

"As if Potter agreed on coming to your party. I didn't think that would ever happen. Typical he's injured though, ain't it?" Blaise chuckled. "Remind me to never go on a midnight fly alone ever again. Apparently, he could've still been able to move his legs if they'd found him sooner."

I raised my eyebrow. "How in the name of Merlin do you even know what happened?"

"Weasel and weaselette were telling everyone what a freak he was for being like that and what happened. Frankly, it's disgusting what people have started saying about his condition. Hardly anyone wants to be around him anymore just because of it." He ranted.

I pulled a face. "I know right? It's horrible. We've never actually had a disabled person in school. It's shocking how fast people can turn on you when something they don't like happens. Especially when it's different to what they're used to."

Eventually, Blaise left. I'm pretty sure it was because I said that I needed help setting my stuff up. I mean, it's Blaise Zabini after all. A pureblood heir. He wouldn't be caught dead doing any sort of chore.

I called a house elf up to my room to clean in the end because let's face it, I'm useless when it comes to manual labour. I don't possess domestic skills.

"Dizzy!" I called.

A small 'pop' sounded and a tiny elf dressed in a tea towel embellished with the Hogwarts crest appeared in front of me.

"What can Dizzy do for Mr Malfoy?" The elf questioned.

"Er, could you help me with cleaning the dorm, please? I'm having a party tomorrow."

The creature nodded enthusiastically. "Anything, sir. What does sir want Dizzy to be doing?"

"Er, Just dusting and sweeping mainly. I'll put things away." I told the creature.

She nodded enthusiastically and snapped her fingers. A broom appeared in her hands.

About an hour later, my room was spotless. Now, all I had to do was sneak out for decorations.

That would be easy. Except, they put up extra wards around the school after Voldy died.

I had a plan though. I would ask Potter. We all know he knows every secret passageway out of this castle. Even ones Filch doesn't.

Eventually, I located Potter. He was loitering at the top of a staircase, looking lost.

"Oi! Potter!"

He whipped his head around to look.

"What Malfoy?"

"First of all, why are you just sat there? Second, I need to sneak out. And, I need your help to do it." I told him.

He looked taken aback. "Draco Malfoy. Asking me for help. I never thought I'd live to see the day!" Harry chuckled. "Also, to answer your question. I can't get down. Hermione helped me up by levitating my chair. Something I can't do myself. Unfortunately."

"Just so we're clear, I wasn't asking for help, I was informing you that you were helping me. I'll help you if you help me. I'll even put a charm on your chair so that it can float up and down the stairs when you want it to in return." I informed.

Harry nodded and reached for his bag which was hanging on a handle at the back of the chair. He pulled out old, dirty looking parchment and his wand.

He tapped the tip of his wand on the parchment and said, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good." Ink spread across the parchment in intricate patterns.

On the front, it read 'Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs proudly present the Marauders Map'. Harry opened it up and it looked to be a map of Hogwarts with moving dots on it. Upon further inspection, the dots had names written above them. They were everyone in the castle.

"Impressive, ain't it? Got it off of the Weasley twins in third year. It was technically my birthright as the only child of the marauders. We are here." He pointed to the map. "Now, all you need to do is get to here. The statue of the humpback witch. Take the map, do what it tells you to do. The passage is in her hump. It leads to Honeydukes cellar in Hogsmeade. From there, do whatever you need to. I want the map back though. It was my dad's. And Sirius' and Remus' and I don't even want to mention Peter. The rat can rot in a cell for the rest of his pathetic life."

Smiling, I accepted the map and pointed my wand at his chair, muttering the incantation.

He grinned at me. "Thanks, Draco!"

I paused, "Draco?"

"Well yeah, I mean we aren't exactly being horrible to each other anymore. I figured maybe we could start over, be friends? If you agree, we can start with using each other's first names instead of just 'Potter' and 'Malfoy' all the time." He stuck his hand out, still grinning.

I had half a mind to reject the idea of friendship after the utter humiliation he put me through in first year. Then he said, "Besides, I don't have many friends anymore. No one wants to be around someone that's wheelchair bound."

Those two sentences made me grip his hand in a symbol of friendship. "Yeah, I'll stick around Pott- Er Harry. By the way, I'm not sure if you know where my rooms are exactly. They're in an unused tower down by the south end of the school. A portrait of a friendly little girl guards the door. The password was on the invitation. If there's any questions, just ask me, Pansy or Blaise. Just be careful if you ask Pansy, she tends to go off on rants and likes trying to play matchmaker. She will try with you. She's been dying to for years."

He smiled a genuine smile. "Alright then Draco. Good luck and remember, 'I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good' and 'mischief managed'. Look out for teachers and for Merlin's sake, don't get my map confiscated. Give me it back at the party. Well, I've got to get to tea, then detention with McGonagall."

With that, he made his chair hover and move down the stairs. I found myself watching him leave, noticing just how attractive the short, too skinny boy was.