Six

"Can't sleep?" Calum asked as I sat in the kitchen at one in the morning, eating a cookie.

"No- you?" I questioned.

"I can, I've just been watching Netflix, what's on your mind?" He spoke.

"Mila" I spoke out simply.

"the shy girl?" He questioned back, making me nod.

"What about her?" He asked.

"There's something up- I'm telling you" I spoke, rubbing my face.

"We were talking, and she wasn't completely nervous for once- she was answering questions and playing Jenga, I got onto the topic of dogs and she literally got excited- I had never seen her expression change until that moment" I spoke to him, seeing him look to me.

"And that's a bad thing?" He asked.

"No- it was great, but towards the end of a story she was telling me it was like something clicked and she started stuttering and she just stopped" I spoke.

He nodded slowly

"It's like she remembered that she's shy" he spoke, making me nod

"Bingo" I spoke, sighing lightly.

"It's a weird situation" he agreed slowly.

"I wish I could make her come in every single day-" "Luke, you're the Doctor- do it" he mumbled.

"One of her dad's already questioned my ways, I don't want to give them more of a reason to complain" I spoke, seeing him sigh.

"Move slow with her, act professional around her parents, you don't want to lose her as a patient" he reminded me, making me nod.

"Why is she different from all my other patients?" I asked him, seeing him shrug as he leaned against the counter top.

"Because normally you treat mid aged people- this is one of your first teenagers- they're harder to understand, harder to gain trust" he spoke slowly.

I groaned into my hands

"I'm going to get her to take a mint one day" I spoke, seeing confusion spread across his face

"You want her to take a mint?" He questioned.

"Yes." I nodded firmly

"I think other than finding out what is going on in her head, I think that's my biggest goal" I spoke to him, seeing his eyes squint to me.

"You need to get some sleep- like now"