Chapter 11

Venessa's P.O.V

"Marry me, Venessa"

Upon hearing his word, I felt like someone just threw a bucket of chilly water on me. My lips were like glued together preventing me from speaking.

I was speechless, how can he expect me to marry him, I mean he's a complete stranger and on top of that, he is a mafia leader.

"What did you just say?" I questioned him, thinking that my ears probably have deceived me.

"You heard what I said, love unless you have a hearing problem" he replied looking and sounding very calm and collected, which I must add.

While I, on the other hand, is freaking the hell out.

He just asked you to marry him, girl you're lucky, says inner Venessa, but that's not the point, why me? Ask him then, says inner Venessa rolling her eyes at me.

Calming my nerves, "Why me?, I mean you don't even know me, and how can expect a complete stranger to marry you?" I inquired the greek God sitting in front of me.

He sighed and leaned forward " look, I know I sound like a complete idiot right now, but trust me, I have no choice," he responded, making me frown at him.

"What do you mean by you have no choice?" I asked as curiosity started to swallow me piece by piece.

"My father, he wants me to settle down, by that it means, I should get married, or else he would strip me from all my inheritance and I can't let that happen," he explained solemnly, while I stared at him dumbfounded.

"Ok, but what if your father finds out that you're not actually settling down?" I asked once again.

"Well, he's not going to find out, unless you plan on telling him," he replied casually.

"How can you be so sure that I will marry you, and why can't you just find someone who's willing to be your wife, I mean so many girls will die to be your wife" I exclaimed, slightly out of breath from speaking too fast.

"Exactly, but I can not do that as I don't really trust them to keep their mouth shut. Plus, you don't have to worry, I'll provide you everything you want," he added, making me frown at him once again, as I was beginning to feel dirty about myself,

I mean, I'm willing to help him for free; he need not pay me or anything.

" I'm willing to help you and please don't say that you'll provide me anything cause I don't want it, no offense, but you're making me feel so disgusted with myself," I told him, looking down at my fingers.

I remember my mother once told me to help people whenever they are in need and to ask nothing in return, but the point is am I willing to do this; I mean, it's not a trivial thing that we're talking about right now.

It's marriage and I'm not even ready to get married, and that too with a complete stranger.

"Listen Venessa, it's just a matter of time, you can divorce me after a year or so, I won't even stop you," he said looking straight into my eyes.

The way my name sounds coming out of his mouth feels so foreign to me.

Maybe because you prefer him calling you rose, Stupid inner Venessa remarked. But I quickly shove it down, not wanting to think about what name I want him to call me as there are more important things that needs to be discussed other than names or nicknames.

But what he doesn't understand is that I don't want to get married based on a contract, which will have an expiry date. I always dreamed of having a married life like my parents, full of love and happiness, not full of lies.

Not finding any words to say, I simply nodded my head to him.

It feels so wrong... I'm such an idiot for agreeing but what can I do, what done is done and what said is said.

Especially since I was a kid, I have a problem which is I can't say no to people.

Back when I was still in school, my classmates would tell me to do their home works and I would do it as I can't say no to them. Saying no makes me feel like a horrible person, it makes me feel as if I'm being selfish as I have the capability to do it, but I'm not helping them.

And now, the grey-eyed monster is asking me to marry him but the problem is that am I ready to be selfless and just sign my life away like that? I badly need my mom right now, as she used to give me advice whenever I'm in need or confused before she died, but now whom do I seek advice from?

I don't have friends; I have Andrew but I can't go to him as he beforehand warned me to stay away from him and if I tell him that he's asking my hand for marriage then he's going to have a heart attack and I can't tell Mario or Lynda.

"So, do you agree?" He questioned, breaking me out of my daze.

Oh, God! I don't even know his name and I'm getting married to him?

"Umm, we don't even know each other that well..." I said to him, fidgeting with my fingers as I tried my best to make up an excuse, but looks like fate is not on my side.

"I know you more than you know, love" he replied, looking at me with a slight smile on his face.

---
Stay tune for the next chapter.

Until then......