Chapter 43

Vincent's P.O.V

These last few days have been chaotic. There's something going wrong with the shipping and someone's leaking information. I'm going crazy, I can't even sleep properly, and on top of that mi rosa left me because of my stupidness.

I can't get her face out of my head how she looked when she saw me kissing the maid. I feel ashamed of my own actions. I don't know what came over me for doing what I did.

I was too pressurized with work and I remember drinking to ease myself a little, but that maid suddenly came inside, sat at my lap, and started to unbutton my shirt. She started kissing me and just about I was to push her, Venessa saw us.

She looked heartbroken and her eyes glistened with tears, she so looked betrayed.

And when I followed her to the room, I saw her packing. My hands shook and my heart pounded hard. "Please don't leave me, please don't" were the words I remember on chanting to myself.

I grabbed her arm trying to make her stop packing but she didn't. She looked determined and nothing can stop her, I knew it.

I tried explaining myself but she didn't even bother to listen, I don't blame her as I know I would do the exact same thing if I saw her with another man, but I don't want to lose her. She's the only one that's keeping me sane nowadays and now she's left.

I pleaded for her to stay and to listen but she didn't let me and when I asked her what I can do to make her stay, she asked me to leave the mafia. The moment that she said it my heart stopped. She knows all too well how the mafia matters to me.

And when she said that she would come back after I sort myself, I can't help but love her even more. How can she take me back after all of this? I broke her heart and yet she's willing to take me back.

It's been a day and the house is so cold and empty without her. There's no one laughing in the corridor and no one who waits for me anymore. I know it's all temporary but exactly how long? I can't do this anymore. She's the one who I look forward to coming home.

And now here I am sitting at our bed and the sheets still smell like her and it's not long before it lasts. I want her back in my arms but I got to respect her decision, that's the least I can for her. I broke my promise, promise that I said that I would never give her a reason to cry but yet I did.

Just to ensure her safety, I appointed some of my trusted men to keep an eye on her and they told me that she started going to Diner again.

They took some pictures of her and I must say she looks so tired and weak and I'm the reason for it.

As I look at her picture on my phone, I'm suddenly pulled out of daze by my ringtone. Her name flashed on the screen, making me jump with excitement. Wasting no time, I answered.

"How are you doing, my love?", I questioned trying to make her speak as I'm dying to hear her voice but she didn't say anything.

"G..go to our room and you'll see papers on the bedside table. P...please sign them immediately." She whispered, trying not to cry.

What papers is she talking about? Is she giving me a divorce? F*ck no, hell will freeze before it happens. There's no way I'll free her from this marriage. I'm already suffering from staying away from her.

"What's this paper about?", I questioned her, feeling anxious about her answer but she didn't give any and told me to sign the papers immediately making me almost die with suspense. What is this paper about and why does she sound so desperate?  Looks like I have to look for those papers.

________
Do you guys think Vincent deserves to be forgiven? Let me know what u think.