I'm Not Insane

"Now Bryce, I think it's time I show you what I can do." I said, taking a step closer.

"P-please- I won't tell anyone! Just please-" I cut him off there.

Literally.

I sliced his throat open.

He stared at me, wide-eyed, choking on blood.

When the weight of what I had done set in, I fell backwards.

Jeff reached out to catch me, at the same time, he took the knife and slid it away from us.

"He deserved it, (Y/N)." He said quietly.

"I-... I killed someone. I took their life away. His family- his mom.. she was such a good person. She didn't deserve this. He may have but she didn't! How could I do this to her?!" I yelled, tears pouring down my face.

"I'm a monster!" I screamed, tangling my fists into my hair.

"If you're a monster for killing one person, then I'm Satan himself." Jeff said.

"His mom will be okay, trust me. She'll make it through this." He took my hands away from my head and patted my hair down.

"Jeff... how could you let me do this?" I whispered.

"Because I know it's what you're meant to do. If Slender let you into the woods alive, he saw something. He saw the thing he sees in every single member of that mansion. He knows you can do it, and I do too. You just needed a little push." He said, continuing to fix my hair.

"But what if you're wrong?" I asked quietly.

"I'm never wrong." He scoffed.

I turned and gave him the 'are you sure?' look.

"Oh, c'mon. You know I'm always right." He smacked my shoulder lightly.

"Now turn around and look at me." He said, pushing my shoulders to face him.

"Okay, okay." I said, turning fully around.

He grabbed my cheeks.

And then squished them together.

"Jeff! Stop!" I smacked his hands away.

"Do you feel any better?" He asked.

I paused for a second.

"Yeah... I do." I nodded.

"See? All you needed was that little push. And now you won't feel bad when you kill someone!" He said proudly.

"I'm not killing anyone else." I stated.

"Why not? Wasn't it fun? Didn't you feel the rush?" He questioned, leaning in.

"The rush?" I asked myself.

You know exactly what he's talking about.

He's right, y'know.

You're meant to do this.

The only reason you were upset was because of his mom.

You won't know anyone else you kill, so you won't feel bad.

It'll feel good, (Y/N).

Do it.

Do it, or I'll make you.

Fine.

"Fine." I repeated it out loud.

"Fine? So you'll do it?" He asked.

I nodded.

"That's great! Now Slender won't have a reason to kill you!" He announced, standing up and offering me a hand.

"Well... I don't know about all that. He still has plenty of reasons to kill me, he just can't." I said, thanking him.

"Y'know, sometimes I forget you can't die. I guess dying just isn't a common thing when you sit at home all damn day." He said.

"Okay no need to call me out." I said, offended.

"Well maybe if you put those powers to use, I wouldn't have to call you out." He raised an eyebrow.

"Bitch I still feel like I'm dying, I just wake up 5 minutes later. So if you want me to be in constant pain, then yeah, I could put those powers to use. But until then, I'm gonna sit on the couch and play Minecraft." I said.

"Damn you make some good points." He said quietly.

"I know." I rolled my eyes.

"Wanna head back?" He asked.

I nodded and went to pick up the knife Jeff threw earlier.

"Should we just leave him here?" I questioned.

"Someone will come by sooner or later." He waved it off and grabbed my hand.

"Aww! Look! Your hands are covered in blood!" He pointed out.

"That's from your hands. Dip shit." I said.

"Shut up." He mumbled.

We made our way back to the mansion within 15 minutes, when we opened the door, Slender and the rest of the members were standing there, waiting for us.

"Um?" I looked at them.

"CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST KILL, BITCHHH!" BEN screamed.

"Congratulations, (Y/N)." EJ said before walking back upstairs.

"Good job, the first kill is always the hardest." Jane patted my shoulder, then her and Clockwork went to the living room.

"(Y/N)!" Toby yelled, running into me.

I fell to the floor, gasping for breath.

"Oh- my god Toby! My lungs!" I gasped.

"S-sorry! I d-idn't mean-n to!" He apologized, helping me up.

Jeff smacked him in the back of the head and rubbed my back.

"DON'T HIT THE BEAN, YOU ASS!" I punched Jeff in the gut and rubbed Toby's head, giving him an apologetic look.

"I-I'm o-kay, I don-t feel pai-in." He laughed.

My eyes widened and I rushed over to Jeff.

"Ohmygodimsosorry-pleasedonthateme!" I had to take a breath in the middle.

"I'm- I'm fine." He wheezed.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded, still hunched over holding his stomach.

"Y'know, you must really love to hurt me. First you stabbed my leg, and now you punch me." He accused.

"Okay but you deserved to be stabbed." I said.

"What the fuck?! How!?" He yelled, standing up straight.

"You shouldn't have tried to beat me." I shrugged.

He scoffed and shook his head.

"Jesus fucking Christ you're crazy." He laughed.

"What?! I am not!" I yelled.

"Yes you are! Now I know why I like you! Before I just couldn't figure it out, but now I get it. You're fucking insane!" He laughed harder, clutching his stomach once more.

I just stood there, astonished.

Is that why I'm here?

Am I really crazy?

There's no fucking way.

"I'm not." I said loudly.

Everyone in the room now turned to look at us.

Jeff slowly stopped laughing and looked at me.

"I'm not insane."