Chapter 6: The Three Sworn Brothers

"ACE AND SABO!" Chopper screamed joyfully, tears of joy and relief in his eyes. "THEY CAME!"

"Well, it's about time," Zoro yelled out. While he was glad that those two finally decided to show up before it was too late; he couldn't help but feel resentment at how long it took. What's it been? A few hours already since that rubber idiot got himself caught by Porchemy? A few seconds longer and it would've been too late. What was the deal anyway? They didn't care about killing him earlier, didn't they? Just what happened to cause them to change their minds?

Just then he realized something... he looked around at the others and he could see that each one of them had been ready to attack. Chopper had shifted to his Kung-Fu Point, Robin had her arms half-raised, while the others each had weapon drawn or, in Sanji's case, had their leg burning softly. Each of them had been ready take Porchemy out and to protect Luffy; no longer caring that this had all happened years ago.

Not that he was one to talk... he quickly put his swords back in their sheaths before turning back to the real action.

Ace had jumped forward, knocking out the man closest to him with the metal staff he had before he landed directly in front of Luffy, holding it out threateningly. He glared furiously up at them all, just daring them to take a step closer.

"That's him, Porchemy!" one of the men yelled, pointing at him.

"That's the brat who stole our money!" the man with the sling added.

"What?!" Porchemy demanded, looking down at Ace with a mad glint in his eye.

Meanwhile, Luffy was looking up at Ace, tears falling hard and fast as relief broke over his face. "A-Ace!" he yelled, as if he couldn't believe that they had come to help. But Ace didn't seem to be interested in wasting any more time. He jumped up, taking a swing at Porchemy's head—but he didn't get a chance as the bastard's hand shot forward and caught Ace around the throat.

Zoro frowned, while he could see that Ace was already a decent fighter, he clearly didn't think before he attacked. He just charged in like an angry bull... that was no way to win.

Fighting hard to free himself, Ace struggled as Porchemy started to laugh. "Showing up on your own makes things much easier!" he said with an evil grin. "I didn't know what to do; your pal was so tight-lipped!"

"Ace!" Luffy cried out, terrified that something was going to happen to him.

"L-Let me go," Ace choked out, still fighting to get freed before he cried out, "Sabo!"

That was when the second boy charged behind Porchemy and hit him with his own metal pipe so that he would drop Ace.

"That's right!" Nami screamed out, punching the air ecstatically as Porchemy fell to the ground, a bloody wound on the side of his face. "Take him out, Sabo!"

"Ace... Sabo..." Luffy said worriedly. Sabo stood his ground, but it was clear from the look on his face that he was scared out of his mind. Ace got back up to his feet, looking ready to another round.

"That hurt pretty bad you know," Porchemy said, slowly turning to face Sabo.

"I hope so," Sanji whispered.

"Yeah, you more than deserved it!" Usopp cheered on. "ACE! SABO! Beat him up!"

"You know what happens when you mess with grown-ups, don't you?!" Porchemy demanded, raising his sword high.

"Your opponent is right here!" Ace yelled as he slammed the pipe down on the ground. He then called to Sabo while jerking his head at Luffy, "Sabo, help him!"