Venturing Out

Feeling a scowl tug at my lips, I watched as Alec overlapped with laughter in my bedroom.

"I can't believe you took a picture of her step-brother!" he chuckled, leaning his back against my closet for support. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at his head, taking him by surprise when he fell to the floor and glowered at me while I played innocent. "Oh, you're going to get it, missy!"

He grabbed the pillow at his feet, standing up with his chest puffed out and I tried to contain my laughter with little success, grabbing another pillow. Hitting one another, we giggled like kids. I stepped on my bed, trying to get some leverage since he was of course taller and stronger than me, hitting me on the shoulder when I slam dunked his face with my pillow. When I almost knocked him over, he caught his balance, glaring at me before jumping on my bed to tackle me to the mattress, his body falling on top of mine in the impact.

Calming our racing hearts and chortling, we acknowledged that our bodies were pressed together, his arms barricading me on both sides. His warm breath hit my lips, sending a shudder down my body, our lips only inches apart, our eyes gazing into one another. I wanted him to kiss me so badly, needing him to mold to me, to complete me.

He smirked seductively. "Well, aren't you going to kiss me?" he asked, tugging on a strand of my hair. I felt my heart leap then crumble when he chuckled, confirming that it was a joke. My stomach clenched at the pain of his humor and when I didn't respond, he shrugged and pushed himself off of me. Why did love have to feel so good but hurt so much at the same time?

Frozen in place, all I could think about was why he was so ignorant to my feelings for him. He could tell when every other girl liked him but when it came to us—to me—he was blind. I turned my head, watching him stretch before picking up his book bag which made me sit up, panicking.

"Where are you going?" I asked. Unintentionally, I bit my bottom lip, giving him a puppy dog look. I didn't know I was doing it until he smiled, running his hands down my hair to cover my cheeks, and rubbing his nose against mine playfully.

It was the puppy dog face, of course he was going to give me the puppy dog nose thinking I needed cheering up.

He stepped back, stuffing a hand in his pocket. "Brooke's parents invited me to dinner." He clutched the strap of the bag while I wrapped my arms around my legs.

"Oh." I hid my disappointment with a smile—like always. "Well, have fun, and don't do anything I would do."

He smiled beautifully, pushing back his long dark locks of hair. "Then they won't like me for being bad." I flinched unnoticeably at the reminder of my angelic personality.

"L-O-L."

Walking out of my room with a wink, I fell back exhaustingly with a sigh, snatching my phone off the nightstand. I could really use a session after that. He always left me flustered. Thoughts of his devious smile haunting my dreams, his manly musk filling my room, his rough touch imprinted on my skin. He'd never know the spell he had on me could sink so deep, moistening my core with only the thought of his skin on mine.

Unlocking my phone, the wallpaper of me and Alec sticking our tongues out at the camera during a P!nk concert on my birthday, making it worse. Scrolling through my contacts, I found Ryan's name with the nickname Nightmare while Alec's was Dream. I sighed in defeat.

Taking Mr. Mason's advice, I grasped the resolve to find a cure by myself, refusing to call Ryan, but that was when Alec was occupying my room. With him gone, could I still make it? Could I deal with the lustful thoughts that aroused my body every chance it could? I shook my head, knowing damn well I was a shameful, addicted, love-sick slut after a relationship committed man. And I couldn't call Ryan for a fix!