Discovery, training and secrets outed

Nick's POV: I took Percy to a gym. I wanted to see how trained he is since I need him to defend himself. I never want him to have to fight someone, no, but I need him to fight back when the time comes. He's living with me for god's sake.

Reaching the gym Percy smiled at what he saw. Training dummies, sparring mats, combat weapons. His eyes cast sadly to the sky of stars. it was past midnight, but this was a private gym, therefore we were allowed in. Stark owned the damn thing so I didn't think it would matter. Percy whispered something under his breath while looking up.

"Let's see what you've got Perce." I said. "I'll go easy." He joined me on the sparring mat and got into a fighting stance. It was Greek styled, that much I knew. Percy smirked and waited for me to strike first. I came at him half-heartedly. Only after the first few blows and strikes, I noticed Percy was more skilled than I imagined. He could try, but he didn't. thankfully he didn't because I was struggling to keep myself from being pinned down by him. He was a kid! How could he possibly be a match to me? I found myself wondering more and more about who he really is. Yes, I like the kid but that doesn't mean I'm not curious or observant of him. He does the little things that make me suspicious. The way he sometimes grabs his pen when he hears a noise. The way he is always on alert. Percy seems to be looking over his shoulder, waiting for something to attack him. He doesn't touch the TV, nor has he asked for a phone. Avoiding technology is a thing he does at all costs. One time, he got lost and still didn't use a payphone or ask someone to borrow theirs. He eventually found the house again, but it had been almost a whole day. He eats well but I've found him eating a plate of blue food for a whole day once. He later told me it was his mom's birthday but that still didn't make sense to me.

"You trying?" Percy asked. I glared but he didn't even flinch, no change in his waiting expression while he had me pinned down. Everyone else who I have ever met backs away or runs scared at my glare, except from Carol of course. I pushed him up and caught his hand. The other, as if on instinct, reached for his pen and gripped it tight. His thumb hovered over the cap and I tried not to notice it. He let it drop to the mat with no sound and I moved my gaze up. his leg kicked my gut and let me have no time to recover before he tripped my up and let me fall to the ground. I hid my groan with a heavy sigh and allowed myself to give up. I tapped the side of the mat and saw him smile.

"And you learned this where?" I say while taking his outstretched hand. He pulled me up and hesitated. Choosing his words carefully in his head.

"Camp," Percy replied with caution. It was as though he'd said something that gave more information than I realised. I gave a nod. We took a break before continuing. Percy did know how to fight but he didn't know how to use a gun. The kid wasn't eager to learn that weapon, but he obliged and was a good shot. Scratch that, he's a great shot. The more I found out about Percy the most questions I had. He was a mysterious boy, that's for sure.

I looked back at the mat, but his pen was gone. There stood Percy, fiddling with it.

Time Skip

Percy's POV: Over time Nick and I get used to each other. I learn to use a gun (Which I'll never need to use) and fight better. Nick came back from work often with plenty on his mind. Once I asked him about it and he said not to worry about it but I insisted. Nick told me all about his work problems, threats and meetings. Over time he trusted me with more information, I knew the ways of war and gave advice. Sometimes I would just let him rant, then act like a seaweed brain to cheer him up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to tell him, I thought. I was sitting with Nick, sharing a pizza while we watched some movie. I'd just gotten back from the labyrinth and I was acting so different. He was beginning to notice it too.

I set down my plate and coughed to get Nick's attention. "Nick," I began. "I think I should tell you something." He looked at me from the TV and set his plate down as well.

"Does this "something" have anything to do with your missions?" Nick asked, knowing me too well. I gave him a small nod. "Continue."

"Well it's not easy to explain." I said. I glanced at the cup of water. I raised my hand and allowed it to move out the glass. He inhaled sharply, tensing. "don't go all secret agent on me. I'm not an alien or whatever."

"Then how the hell did you just do that?" he said a little louder than last time.

"Ever heard of Greek gods?" he nodded. "Well their children are known as demigods, that's what I am. My dad is Poseidon, god of the sea, earthquakes, horses and many other things. My mom was mortal, making me half-god." I continued. He shook his head.

"You've lost me Jackson." Nick said. I chuckled. "You're half-god. So, what does that have to do with your missions?"

"Well I mentioned a camp. It's called Camp Half-Blood. Only gods and demigods can enter the borders. Chiron, from the Greek 'myths' is our teacher." I said, putting air quotes on the word myth. Nick nodded for me to continue. "Demigods are trained to fight and use their powers. Monsters from the stories you read about are all real. They hunt us down, so we fight back."

"so, you kids are out there fighting monsters each day? And who's Annabeth the child of then?" Nick asked. I blinked. "I heard the last bit of something you were telling her on a call a while back."

"She's the daughter of Athena. Goddess of Wisdom and strategic battles." I clarified. He sat back on the couch. "You're taking this better than I'd expected."

"I'm used to freaky lives. You'll be good to know that I'm freaking out on the inside." I laughed. "I had ideas. Ideas of where you go but the truth is nothing like I'd expected." A lopsided grin appeared on my face.

"Yeah, it's nothing anyone expected."

"How does nobody see those creatures then?" Nick asked.

"It's called the mist." I explained. "A vail of magic that hides it from mortals." I had an idea. I took out Riptide. Then uncapped it. "What do you see?" he blinked a few times, focusing on it.

"A baseball bat." He answered at last. I smirked and silently asked for Hecate to remove the mist around his eyes. "Mother – "He gasped. "You just keep that thing in your pocket?!"

"Riptide will always reappear in my pocket when I lose it." I answered. Nick gave out a look of realisation, like he's seen this happen before. It wouldn't surprise me; I tend to lose Riptide often enough.

After letting Nick get his head around who I really was, I began retelling some of the quests I had completed. He seemed interested in what I did and what I could do. I was reluctant to explain this prophecy I still didn't know, I told him despite it.

"Nick," I said a little more serious than previously. "You must swear not to tell anyone about this. You can't put it on any database or organisation server." He took a moment to think.

"Percy, I promise, I would never sell you out." Nick assured me. "You're my kid, you get that? I'm your family, families don't do that. You've kept my secret, so I'll keep yours." He gave me a small hug. "And thanks for finally telling me."

"I'm glad I did." I said. Nick let go and turned to me, all serious again. the way I've seen him when he's with agents. "What?"

"Now, tell me how you glare so scarily." 

Opinions? Theories? My laptop keeps freezing and I don't know why, then I recall the 30 tabs of YouTube, google searches, movies and documents I have open.