Confusion, dreams and empty stomachs

Oooooohh, 130 reads! Thank you wonderful people of Earth... or another planet - I DON'T KNOW U!

My Drama teacher praised me more than other kids today because I went up on the stage. I literally despise him now, like I'm so annoyed but he has no idea. 

Percy's POV:

 I came into my room, ignoring whoever I passed in the halls. I bet I looked like death to them, I was pretty beaten up still. Too bad I don't have any Ambrosia. The room? It was the size of my mom's old apartment.

I stepped further in and found something by the bed. I found a rucksack of my belongings with a note signing it from Nick on top.

'Brought a few things that weren't destroyed. Stay out of trouble. – Nick.'

Inside were a few shirts, plain and camp, some jeans and framed photos. Then a bag of Ambrosia squares and a bottle of Nectar. Might come in handy. Of course, it wouldn't be destroyed, these things take more than the blow of an explosion to destroy them.

Let's think this through. I've got dinner soon, with the avengers, then I've got to get through the night silently. Nick woke me up a few times, but I struggled to tell him about my nightmares. They've gotten worse since going through another war too. If this team finds out . . . I don't need that troubling me. I don't need them pestering me. School, I'm starting school tomorrow. How will I go through the year without screwing that up? I couldn't even make it through any of my other schools before, how was I going to pull this off?

Sighing, I flopped onto my bed. I closed my eyes and let them rest. Images flashed through like a whirlwind of emotions. As though my personal hurricane had turned against me with flashes of my recent past. I shut them tighter and turned on my side, facing away from the door. I felt something enter the room, I never fully shut the door.

"Knock, knock." Stark said. Yeah, he's that kind of person. I squinted and rubbed my eyes, letting my hand drag down my face as I sighed. "sorry, were you trying to sleep?"

I sat up. "No, I just close my eyes for fun." I said, sarcasm dripping off my tongue. He gave a nod, then silence. "Well?"

"Well what?" Gods, what is he playing at?

"You came in here for something, what?" I question in an annoyed tone. He blinked, then coughed like he forgot and was embarrassed by it.

"Right, there's pizza arriving in 5. Come out for some," Stark said. He went to the doorframe and looked back. "Do you want someone to look at that?" he gestured to his face. I shook my head, looking down. He hesitated before leaving, I couldn't see him, but I felt him linger a moment before walking away from outside my room. lying down on my back I sighed. Just get through the evening, I thought. Tomorrow I don't have to see them until after school. I can manage an evening with them each day. On weekends I'll just go out or stay in my room. Problem solved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony's POV:

 I walked back to the others. Sitting down I remained silent during the conversation. Then it stopped, I looked up in confusion.

"sorry?" I said.

"I asked if you were okay, Tony." Bruce said. "What did you say to the kid?" I repeated our conversation.

"Wonder how he got hurt." Wanda said. Our looks were all in agreement. "We could always – "

"Of course, but that wouldn't be right." Steve interrupted.

"But it's possible. And it would be so easy to do." I continued.

"Well here's an idea. Instead of talking about it, let's do it." Natasha said. "I've never met or heard of this kid. He's not SHEILD, he can't be." This news confirmed our plan. If Natasha didn't know who he is then it's got to be looked into. We can't let someone live here if we don't know who they are. Our plan? I reached the lab first, then checked into the computer.

"alright, Friday show me the camera footage of Agent Jackson's room." I requested.

"What time period, sir?" The AI replied.

"Live," I answered. The kid was asleep, breathing rapidly. He twitched and thrashed in his sleep, Percy mumbled names, begging them to open their eyes. What was he seeing? Probably an agent, just a bad dream. I looked back at the others, Steve watched it with a deep concern. He's an agent, he'll be alright. I hoped so at least.

"We-we made it." He mumbled; eyes shut tight. Then he cried out a sob. "W-wake up! Anna – no, look at-at me!" I heard shuffling behind me.

"Who's Anna?" Steve wondered in a whisper. His arms were crossed, brows remained furrowed. I shook my head in cluelessness. It continued for a while until suddenly he gasped. His body shot up halfway, leading him to fall back down on the bed. Percy sat up and swung his legs over, he put his head in his hands and took shaky breaths. His cries were quiet, but they were there alright. He then wiped his face and went to the bathroom.

"Guess that's why he's so cold." Peter said. There was an alert at my phone, the food had arrived. "I can go get it." I nodded, then Peter left. A few minutes later Percy came out the bathroom, he looked pale and worse than before. His shirt had changed. It took a few seconds of pacing and internal debating for him to go towards his door, it opened, and I turned off the computer. We all nodded and ran back to the main room, I put on a show and we began talking like nothing happened. Peter appeared with the pizza just as Percy came down the hall, he didn't even look at us. instead he walked past and to the kitchen, took an apple and left again.

I turned to the team and frowned. They had a similar expression as I did. Why does he take an apple when there's pizza to share?

Natasha looked at me. "I think I know how we can get more information about Agent Jackson."

How was that? 

Good? Up to your higher-class standards?

No? Oh sorry, I'll just leave now. 

Will I? Yep, I'm going. *Begins to back away slowly* Uh, bye?! *Runs fast*