" 𝐓𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞. . "

"Faster Kiyoshi don't let her catch you"

"Faster Kiyoshi you better hope
I don't catch you"

"Stop cheating Momoko!"

"I'm going to get you"

"You brat"

"Kashiya nee watch out" the five young girls tumbled around in the flower petals as they finished their daily sparring practice "Hanako you made us fall" she shrugged "sorry shimai" laughing they watched the array of colours drift around them "Your blood art is so pretty Kiyoshi" Himiko spoke trying to catch a pink sakura petal "It's me...I'm doing this"

"Didn't you notice, it was like storm we couldn't see anything but petals" she awed "I just thought of something to keep you back, while I ran...I wish we could do this all the time. .i love playing with you all"

"We do too"

"It's better than lessons"

"This is fun. .but you do know the ceremony is tonight, you know how far you've come.. how strong you are" Keiko sat besides her sister

"I do"

"Do you think you can do it"

"I know I can, I want to be like all of you"They looked at her with remorse "You don't need to act so brave Kiyoshi it's okay to be scared"

"I've done it once i know I can do it again" her eyes cast down "I-I'm fine, I'm not scared—"

"I need to make sure i can do it again, or everything we've worked for would have been for nothing, I can't ruin our hope for a better future, I can't have the Emperor lose faith in us.. in me" she whispered "Yoshi—"

"Kiyoshi" the girl looked up "It's time"

With a nod Kiyoshi held onto her mothers hand, Kashiya caressing her cheek "You'll be fine, use your art it will be quicker that way. .like last time, it will save you the trouble"

"We will see you there" Kiyoshi was lead from her sisters, into a darker room by Temari, the door revealed a long dark passage deep within the Okiya, lit by lanterns. As they headed towards the sacred grounds, other women circled the room, they watched carefully behind porcelain masks as she walked

Kiyoshi was dressed in a pure white kimono her back was exposed enough for the cold air to make her shiver, she kneeled in front of her grand mother the grand Geisha, head of the Hirai family as she awaited her divine blessings "Kiyoshi Hirai youngest daughter of the Hirai family, it is time. . .are you ready to become one of us, are you ready to be worthy of your lineage to become worthy of being called a Maiko"