Chapter 4

Bellamy's pov

I looked down at the grounder girl in curiosity yet a little bit of pity. I sighed before scratching the back of my head

"Maybe, I should listen to O." I thought, "She does seem not to know anything about the ground."

I sighed before sitting down at the edge of the bed, making her tense up.

"Look." I started before licking my lips, "I get that we didn't get on the right foot, but I can teach you some of the things that you need to learn on the ground."

She looked at me with her doe eyes making my heart skip a beat; I closed my eyes as I shook my head. I looked back at her again before I stood up, making her head snap in my direction.

"Do you know where your clan is?" I asked

She looked at me before looking down at her hands; I narrowed my eyes before walking out of the tent.

"Goddammit." I thought

Nina's pov

I was sitting in this thing called a tent before the opening swings open, my eyes snapped in that direction only to see the only person that I trust here. Octavia Blake. She quickly ran over to my side before sitting down next to me on the cot.

"How are you holding up?" She asked me

"I do not know him." I said shyly; I looked down at my lap making my hair cover my face "He scares me, I do not want to be with a person that tortured both me and Lincoln.

I felt her put a hand on my shoulder, making me look at her with teary eyes.

"I miss my brother." I said as my voice cracked, "I need to get inside the cave, or I will die."

Her eyes softened, making me look back down at my lap.

"I am sorry, Nina." She apologized, "But, I do not think that you are going to leave any time soon."

I chocked on a sob, and my body started to tremble, I covered my face with my hands as I sobbed into my hands. I felt Octavia grip my shoulder before she lightly kissed my head, we stayed there for hours as I cried my heart out in front of a girl that can see my brother more than I can.

"Brother." I whimpered, as I wiped my eyes

I looked down blankly at my hands, making Octavia grab one of them.

"I-I think, I am going to get some rest now." I mumbled, "Goodnight."

I let go of Octavia's hand before laying down on my back, I closed my eyes while I heard Octavia mumble "Goodnight." before she walked out of the thing called a tent. I fell asleep thinking about my brother.

*Three weeks later*

It has been three weeks since the sky people took me from my home. I have not seen my brother or the outside world since Octavia's brother brought me in his tent. Octavia and I have become closer; she always comes to the tent to visit me and tell me what my brother wanted to let me know. A couple of days after Bellamy took me out of the medal room, Lincoln gave Octavia my medicine book, herb book, and my drawing journal. Bellamy and I's relationship have become a lot friendlier. Bellamy and I have to share his home since I am sleeping in it, other than that, the siblings have been cleaning my wounds, making them heal a lot faster. Today, Octavia was going to help me walk around they're camp.

"Nina, are you ready?" I heard Octavia say outside the tent

"I guess," I said nervously, "I'm just nervous."

Octavia came in with a smile on her face making me give her a nervous one. She walked over to me before she grabbed my hand and started rubbing her thumb across it.

"I will be right next to you, I promise." She said softly

I sighed through my nose before I nodded my head. She helped me put my legs over the cot before she helped me stand up, I hissed in pain as I felt my thighs groan in pain.

"I do not think; I can do this, O." I groaned"It's not gonna heal faster if you stay in here and not walk around." She said

I sighed before we started walking towards the entrance of the tent; Octavia moved the door, making my eyes squint from the light. I covered my eyes with my eyes before they adjusted to the brightness; we walked out of the tent-making everyone stop and looked at me. I did not pay any mind to them; I just looked around in awe.

"Wow," I whispered, "It is beautiful."

I saw out of the corner of my eye, a boy pointing a weird contraption at me. I look at them with curiosity as I tilted my head while we continued to walk.

"What is that?" I wondered

We made it to the gates of the sky, people camp, and I immediately got scared. I stopped dead in my tracks, making Octavia look at me worried, I started at the trees outside of the gated area.

"Will doing this put me in danger?" I thought

I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder, making me flinch; I looked to see who the owner of the hand is only to see Bellamy.

"You do not have to do this." He said

I nodded before looking at the gates.

"I just do not want to be caught," I mumbled, "they can kill me in seconds."

He and Octavia grabbed both of my hands before they lead me outside the gates. Right, when my feet crossed the safety barrier, I looked around in awe again. There were flowers, trees, birds, etcetera.

"It is beautiful," I said with a massive grin on my face. "much better than looking outside the cave."

Bellamy's pov

I watched as Nina looked at nature with so much wonder and excitement that I could not help but smile. Octavia and I shared a look when she let go of our hands and started walking towards some flowers. I have not seen someone like this, not even when we arrived onto the ground. Her reaction was like a little kid when they went somewhere new; I guess they were not lying; she has never been outside of that dark and gloomy cave. She isn't like the other grounders; she's too innocent and gentle to be like them."I wonder what I can call her instead of, Nina." I wondered

"I wonder what I can call her instead of, Nina." I wondered

That is when it hit me, and my smile grew.

"Sweetheart." I thought, "I'll call her sweetheart."