Chapter Five: Pigs Do Fly

I was in the midst of trying to calm the baby down when I started crying myself. The baby was in my arms, being cradled as it cried bloody murder in my right ear. She was screaming, shouting incomprehensible words with her tiny hand in her mouth, tears trickling from her glossy blue eyes. Leon was running around the room trying to find the dummy which was either in the carrier or somewhere else in the room.

"Hurry up, I can't take it!" I cried out, tears blurring out my vision. I was crying along because I thought this was how my life was going to pan out -- a random baby replacing the doll for me to become an instant teen mother.

"Hey, just give her to me, okay?" Leon somehow managed to gain his sanity back, well, most of it. He had taken off his flannel shirt, leaving himself in a white shirt. I was too busy crying to even respond so he pulled her out of my arms where I began to crumble to the floor, hugging my knees to my chest and cried even harder.

I tried to go through my usual breathing exercise: inhale the positive, exhale the negative, inhale the positive, exhale the negative-

"Oh my God, she wasn't joking!" Kate interrupted the train of thought as she slammed the door closed behind her with Gabe jaw-dropped and finally, falling to hit the floor with a loud thump. She had her eyes wide and scanned my now-messy room, letting the wrapped up breakfast bacon sandwich fall from her grip. It wasn't messy in the beginning, I always kept my room organised but when the baby cried and we had no idea where dummy was, it looked like a hurricane had gone through my bedroom.

It took her a while to process everything (as she should) and looked at the state of where I was in, on the floor crying, and then at Leon, who was trying to calm the much-alive child, and to Gabe, who was passed out on the floor. She made her decision quick enough which was to revive Gabe back to consciousness.

Half an hour of crying (the baby stopped crying eventually, thank God) and a few more breathing exercises, Kate and I moved Gabe onto the bed where he was still passed out.

Who knew moving a short, gay boy was this exhausting?

Kate turned around and sat herself down on the bed, sighing. She looked at me, then at Leon and then at the baby where she let out another sigh.

"I don't even know what to say."

I shook my head, "You don't have to."

She moved her head to look at Leon, "It's a surprise to see you here."

He tilted his head slightly, still holding the baby, "Everything's a surprise."

"I had this weird dream where we went to Bella's place and then Leon freaking Morris was standing there with Bella crying on the floor," Gabe mumbled as he propped himself with his elbows, slowly opening his eyes. He blinked a couple of times, looking around his surroundings. When his eyes finally fell on Leon, holding an actual baby, his eyes enlarged, pulling himself up and crawling to the corner of the bed where he leaned against the headboard, knees to his chest. He looked over at me, looking like a paranoid little girl and pointed at him, "Why is that standing in this premise?"

"Are you kidding me? I'm the least of the problem!" Leon rolled his eyes as the baby sucked on her thumb, looking at all of us with her eyes still glossy and her cheeks tear-stained.

Gabe swallowed as his gaze wavered towards me, "What's going to happen now?"

"We were hoping you would know." Leon quietly said.

----

"Now that we have, kind of, gained some sort of sanity left," Gabe cleared his throat as he stood in front of us who were sitting on my bed. Will had came in before and he was sitting next to Kate, on the end of the line. Gabe heaved out a sigh, "As tragic as this situation is, we need to figure out some sort of answer to move forward before this clearly gets out of hand."