~0~ A Child's Worth (PRE AVENGERS)

➢𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 #𝟭𝟮𝟰➢

↱ There's no surrender, and there's no escape
Are we the hunters? Or are we the prey?  ↲
―𝘙𝘶𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦, 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭

→𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 0: 𝑨 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅'𝒔 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 (𝑷𝑹𝑬 𝑨𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑹𝑺)← 

-𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟺-

𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙲𝙴 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝙳𝚀𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂, 𝙻𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙾𝙽 𝚄.𝙺.

A woman strides through the dark streets of London, United Kingdom.

A white lab coat shielding her entire body, she appears somewhat suspicious in the street lights that reflect upon her. Making her way down an eerie alley, she enters the underground location of the FORCE Headquarters - a dangerous place. The rumors of the organization kidnapping young children were way out by now. It was the urge for power that drove the leaders to extreme lengths, such to continue their cruel acts toward "experiments" as they refer to their victims. Their work is dedicated to making the perfect enhanced human, a weapon far greater than HYDRA or Stark Industries could ever produce.

Yes, it was safe to say they wanted to take over the world.

They were to stop at nothing until they had achieved their goal, no matter who was going to be the vessel cursed with unspeakable powers.

This is how the story begins.

 The walls and floors are white as snow. No detail, just plain - white. Endless hallways of lit rooms follow, each with the current number of children being taken into testing. A plethora of serums are piled onto lab tables as other scientists prepare to inject them into the experiments. It is frightening, and certainly not a happy place to be. Children are held by the arm, pinned down and without their consent - jabbed with sharp needles at any moment.

The scientists work diligently, due to fear of their leader's wrath, on the most recently developed chamber to date, which hopefully, would bring out more of a success rate into their patients.

All of this does not faze Deborah Rockland. With a heart cold like ice, nature hard as steel - her only  sensations inside were of hunger for power, any way she could get it. She and her husband knew that taking a child and implanting outlandish abilities inside them was just something they had to do, even if they were considered... monsters.