CHAPTER 19: You Are Amazing!!

TARAGON

I didn't realize that she felt the way that she did. I hadn't meant for her to ever feel that way. I love her. She's my mate and was right.

I wanted to go after her but my wolf told me to let her cool down and to take that opportunity in making sure I rethink a few things.

I was in my office trying to think about everything going on but it was hard to concentrate on anything but her. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Enter." I called out to whoever it was.

When I looked up and saw the look upon Lesley's face, he had nothing but guilt.

"Hey man." He says.

"Lesley I'm real busy right now." I tell him.

"I understand. Look, I've been thinking and maybe me and the guys, or at least me, should stay somewhere else. I really didn't mean to call your mate out like that. She's a smart woman and it wasn't my place to tell her off like I did." He apologizes.

I let out a breath of frustration.

"It's cool. And you don't have to leave. You guys can talk tomorrow and try and figure things out but for now I would give her the rest of the night to have her space." I tell him while trying to finish reading one of the many treaties I am needing to sign.

"Of course." He smiles and then leaves.

I hadn't meant to side with him, in fact, I felt that what they both said to each other wasn't right but I can't even think about that right now. My head in fact feels as though it's about to explode.

So after I finished up signing the last contract, I rubbed my eyes and started making my way upstairs in hopes she lets me stay in the bed tonight with her.

The minute I got into the room, I noticed she was already laying in bed with her back towards me and seemed to be asleep as the lights were all off and the only light in the room was from the moon as it seeped through the window curtains.

I quietly removed my clothes and got into my boxers before getting into bed. At first I laid on my back with my head on my hands as I looked at her. I wanted to say something but wasn't sure it was the right time or not.

"I'm sorry." I hear her break the silence.

"For what?" I asked.

She rolled onto her side facing me this time and looked like she was real upset.

"I shouldn't have said what I did to Lesley. He's your best friend and I stepped out of line and put everybody at risk." She begins.

"Baby, you did nothing wrong." I begin to explain while turning onto my side looking at her.

"I don't know why I got jealous but I just, I felt like since he's been here, recently actually, I feel as though I was pushed aside and don't feel that closeness that I did before in the beginning of us being together." She states.

I reach over and rub the side of her face gently with my thumb.

"Charlize, you have no idea in how amazing you are. You know, before you, I never expected to have another mate. I never felt I deserved one. But you changed all of that. You even accepted and offered my friends a place to stay at when you didn't know who they were really. You didn't question. You just did it because we're friends. That in itself is beyond awesome." I tell her.

"I love you so much." She says.

"And I love you too." I smile at her before leaning in to give her a kiss before we fall asleep, spooning with each other.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)