5

**Photo/Gif attached is of Louis Tomlinson who plays Louis Tomlinson :)

• • •
Madison

Nick and I couldn't stop smiling the entire weekend.

Our coach took us out to dinner before our flight back home, and then we said our goodbyes once we separated at the airport. We wouldn't be seeing her for a couple of months since Nick and I were taking a short break before we had to start training again over the summer.

"Are you going home or to mine?" I asked him as I texted Brandon that we had just left the airport.

"Yours. I slept the entire time so I'm not really tired." He replied, giving the taxi driver my address.

"Me too." I sighed happily before chuckling in disbelief. "I can't believe we beat France."

"I know. They were really fucking good this year." Nick agreed, and I nodded.

The ride back to my place was filled with us talking about our win, and soon we were in front of my building.

Nick paid the driver before I could, and we walked into the building after grabbing our belongings.

"Did you call your grandma yet?" Nick reminded me as he pressed the button for the elevator.

"Not yet. It's one in the morning in Italy so I'll call her tomorrow." I answered, letting Nick hit my floor button after we got inside.

"How's she doing?" He asked warily.

"Better. My aunt has been staying with her." I sighed, trying not to worry about Nonna too much so I don't stress myself out.

"That's good." He threw his arm around my shoulder and we stepped out of the elevator once the doors opened on my floor.

"I have to shower really quick. Can you see if Riley's home?" I asked as I pulled out my key and unlocked the door to my apartment.

"Yes ma'am." He set his bag down once we got inside and walked back out. I left the door unlocked just in case he came back, and I walked into my bedroom. Brandon said he was on his way home from his girlfriend's, so I did as I said and took a quick shower just to wash the airport off of me.

Nick wasn't back when I got out so I assumed Riley was home and he was with her. Once I was dressed in a pair of sweats and t-shirt, I let my hair air-dry around my shoulders and went to Riley's.

Just as I walked down to the floor below me and walked out into the hall, I got a text from Nick.

[Nick]
- at Louis'
- I'm dying watching them panic

I shake my head at the drama Queen and knock on Louis' door.

[Me]
-here

I look up from my phone and see Riley smiling scarily wide, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Maddie!" She greeted unusually loud. "Congratulations on first place."

"Thank you." I smiled, still confused as to what was happening. She didn't let me go at all. Instead, she pushed me out into the hall and closed the door behind her. "What is going on?"