Chapter 6.

A/N: HERE IS THE NEW CHAPTER AHHH!! I never thought I'd keep it going after 5 YEARS! But here I am. Y'all asked for more so you guys better enjoy this (jk, but do enjoy it pls). Make sure to follow me, vote and leave comments! It encourages me to do constant updates and to continue the story♡ I also have a NaLu fanfic in the works for anyone interested😙 Now sit back and enjoy this sequel to Soul Mates.

-Soso💋

_________________________

The meister looked up at me and smiled gently. "I love you too.

I smiled back and buried my face into the crook of her neck, taking my time to smell her sweet perfume.

"I love you, Maka."

A year later...

| AT THE DWMA, AFTER CLASS |

KID'S POV

"Kid?" A familiar voice called and interrupted my day dreaming. The image of the girl with symmetrical pigtails disappeared.

"Huh?" I blinked, looking up to see Liz staring down at me with worry in her eyes.

"Class is over. The bell rang already," She said with Patty by her side. She seemed eager to leave school. I wondered for how long I was in a daze.

"Kid is deaf!" The dumb one laughed hysterically with tears running down her eyes and she held her stomach while doing so. Everything was funny to her and quite frankly, I didn't get it.

I sighed and stood up from my seat. "I see, let's go then," Hands in my pockets, I stepped down the stairs, the girls following me behind. I couldn't help glancing at Maka's usual seat, seeing it empty.

It felt like ages ago, Maka and me in my room confessing to each other. Though, it was actually a year ago and things didn't go as I had imagined. "Tch," I let out an annoyed sound slip past my lips without realizing.

Liz stopped me in the middle of the empty school hallway while Patty kept walking forward, not seeming to have noticed that we had stopped. "Kid. I know why you're acting this way, but I still don't get why Maka has been ignoring you since. All that effort for nothing," She shook her head in disappointment.

"I told you already. Because of what happened to Soul."

"Huh? But I still don't get it," Liz kept complaining and crossed her arms in annoyance.

I was also getting annoyed. "Drop it, Liz. Ask her yourself if you want to know so bad," I rolled my eyes.

The tall girl didn't reply, simply shrugging before she continued on walking to catch up with Patty. It was a pain in the ass. I wasn't sure myself why. That was all Maka could tell me the last time we spoke, when she "broke" up with me. 

We weren't technicality together at that time, but we did admit our feelings. However, after the accident with Soul and the Demon Sword, Maka revealed to me she couldn't keep what we had going. That was a week after we confessed.

I smiled to myself. Though I did think she pushed me away so she could focus on becoming stronger. Typical Maka. 

"Stop doing that you look creepy," Liz commented when I catched up with the girls. "You rich kids are so weird," she mumbled under her breath.