eight

N I A L L

"Never drinking alcohol again," she croaks as she lifts her head out of the toilet bowl and shakes her head at Louis, Harry and I resulting in us laughing.

"Here love, drink this," Louis says gently as he hands her a glass of water and a paracetamol.

"I'm sorry guys," she mumbles but before we can reply she vomits again into the toilet bowl and I pull her hair back off of her face.

"We've all been there. Some more than others though, isn't that right Harry?" Louis cheekily asks Harry who just shrugs and gives him the middle finger.

"Louis was it not you that broke our kitchen table from dancing on it all night?" Niall asks sarcastically with a laugh.

"I would find that story hilarious if I wasn't extremely drunk right now and the room wasn't spinning," Lilli says with a slight smile as she sits by the side of the toilet.

"But seriously guys thank you so much. I'm sorry I ruined your night and was so stupid," Lilli says softly and I feel really bad for her. I can't explain how or why I feel extremely protective of her.

"No problem lovely, you're family and we are always here for you," Louis smiles and Harry and I nod in agreement.

"Yeah and honestly we have all had to deal with drunk Louis so you're a piece of cake. I mean at least you throw up in a toilet bowl and not on a new, highly expensive carpet eh Louis?" Harry says and Lilli can't help but laugh as Louis looks guilty as fuck.

"Harry when will you get over that! It was an accident, I was singing Celine Dion and then next thing you know I'm throwing up," Louis yells playfully and Harry rolls his eyes.

"Goodnight you two," I say with a laugh as they both say their good nights and walk to their rooms playfully blowing kisses at Lilli.

"Think you're finished?" I ask kindly as she seems to have a bit more colour in her face.

"I think so, if I'm not I sure know where the toilet is," she replies playfully with a smile and I can't help but laugh.

I lean against the shower as she brushes her teeth and pulls her hair into a messy bun and I can't help but become entranced by her beauty, even after she vomited her guts up.

"What are you staring at? I look awful don't I? I can never do perfect messy buns I always look like Mrs Trunchbull out of Matilda-" Lilli rambles as she attempts to fix her hair but I cut her off immediately.

"No, no, no I wasn't thinking that at all, actually, I- ugh, I mean I -It doesn't matter. I think we need to talk Lilli," I stutter and she slightly nods and sits on the bathroom floor with her back leaning against the bathtub. I join her on the floor and I can see her smiling at me.

"I'm sorry Lilli, I was being a dick and I shouldn't have spoken to you in the way I did. I was talking bullshit and I'm sorry. The stress of this whole situation caught up on me and I let it get the best of me," I explain softly as I stare at the beautiful girl facing me who has a sad expression on her face.

"I forgive you Niall. I'm sorry for being so immature and wandering off. I should've known better even though that guy was out of my control. We need to promise to stick together in these odd circumstances," Lilli replies softly, grabbing my hand and I gently squeeze her hand in response.

"I promise," I say lifting my pinky finger to hers, gaining a laugh from her and I can tell she is still tipsy.

"Have you told your mother yet?" She suddenly asks with a small smile still holding my hand.
I shift nervously and run my hands through my hair as an overwhelming sense of guilt comes over me as I think of how my mother won't ever know that this marriage is all fake. "No, not yet anyway," I explain honestly as I look Lilli in the eye and I can see she understands exactly what I mean.

"I hate lying to her and I hate that I have to be a dick to the person I love the most and who would do anything for me to be happy," I explain and I can hear my voice begin to break with emotion until Lilli wraps her arms around me and holds me tight through the early hours of the morning.

Hi guys how are you all? I really want to create a sense of community on this book so please comment below and vote!💓
Xoxo
Gigi🥺