Now or Never

"How's everyone doing tonight?"

I hear through the door of the locker room. My fight against Russel is in a few seconds.

He's says my name and I go out like Russell. In a few seconds.

In a few seconds...

Wow it's happening all so fast.

Normally I'm more confident but I think it's because of the amount of money that is being fought for tonight. It's the big show.

"So, something exciting tonight before we start the last fight of the night.

Bryd was told he had to follow the rules, which means, no hoodies or baggy clothing besides joggers,

So tonight is the night, not only do two of our stingiest competitors fight for the prize of 18 grand. But is also the night, we find out who the real Bryd is!"

The crowd cheers wildly at that comment.

"In this corner we have The Russel, all the way from Australia, this guy, more like bear is her to compete tonight for the grand prize."

People cheer again.

"Anddddd in this corner we have our hometown, famous, everybody's favourite, Bryddddd."

Now or never.

I take three deep breaths. Inhale, exhale repeat.

I punch my gloves together and walk out into the ring.

Everyone's reaction was different.

Some were surprised. Some were sexist hoes and got up and left because they thought I was a guy. Some screamed and supported the fact that I was a girl living mostly a guy left.

But I think my favourite reaction was Logan's.

Wait! Logan?

I lock eyes with him. Of course he'd be here, What was I thinking, now he knows and he's gonna question me about it.

What if he gets mad at me for doing this instead of our date?

But he was fine with doing it tomorrow! Ugh what am I gonna do? I can't back out now, only because I seen someone I know from another part of my life that doesn't include all this.

And I've seen him down here before, in the ring.

Oh but he didn't try to hide his face!

I snap out of it as he looks away and at the guy next to him.

He looked our age and they must know each other. Logan then looks to his other side as two other boys (who both look our age) start talking to him.

I snap out of it and focus once I hear the starting bell.

I look back at my opponent, Russel.

Who set this fight up?

Before we can even start fighting down in the ring, they weigh you to get your weight so it would at least be fair in a fight.

But whoever set this one up, obviously didn't get the memo.

Russel was at least 200 more pounds than I was!

You can tell just by looking at us!

He swings left as I duck right before he just me.

I need to get my head in the game.

So that's what I do. I close my eyes for a split second and it's like a new soul is taking over my body.

As he swings left again, I duck and come back up just as fast and hit him with my right.