11- How much you affect me

Even though this was supposed to be a camping trip, Kate was not someone who was up to sleeping in a tent and having mosquito sucking her dry of blood but she loved hiking. That's why instead of being one with nature, Kate booked us a hotel in the middle of a jungle, it had a nature trail and everything you could ask for, it was even modern.

We all gathered in the reception area waiting for our keys. I looked around, this place was truly marvelous. It was modern with an earthly feel to it, it was so homely and had a relaxing atmosphere. This was a great idea to do something like this before their wedding. It was also I hope things for me, it's been so long since I've just taken some time out for myself and just relax and unwind.

But I doubt I could relax. One, James was here in the same building with me, for this short holiday he won't be working, so that meant we won't be acting professionally anymore, I wonder what will change while we're here. And two, those two girls  Kate's friends, were all over him, he didn't seem to mind but that's just James and that's the part that hurts his playboy side.

I knew for a fact that girl couldn't help but fall hard for his charm, I'm living proof. But what they don't know is what they're getting into, they don't know that they're going to get hurt but even if they do, they still go in, again I'm living an example.

James was across the room from me looking bored as the girls talk to him. This was the first and I won't lie saying that I don't like seeing James not giving them any attention. I don't even notice that I full-blown simile appeared on my face.

Kate appears with keys in hand, she hands each and every one of us out room number and key and we all agree to get some rest and meet for dinner. Everyone spilt up going different ways, except James and I. I shrugged it off, thinking that he was just going this way because obviously, his room could be this way. But what I didn't expect was his room to be next to mine.

KATEEEEE, if I don't murder her by the end of this trip I don't know what I'll do. I know what she's doing and she will not succeed.

I closed the door behind me, not even taking time to analyze the room before I pass out on the bed.

****

I stood before the mirror, not knowing if this dress was too much for a small dinner with friends.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I won't know until I go down there and find out. But if I change, I'll save myself the trouble and time

"We all know your only dressing up for James," a voice in my head says, I shake that thought away. Finally deciding that I'm going to wear the damn dress.

I make my way down to the dining hall, different shapes and sizes of the table were everywhere and different groups were having a jolly time. I searched to see if I could see my friends anywhere, just when I thought I missed it I heard Kate's laugh, I smiled and made my way over to them. Kate was the first one to see me and she gave a low whistle.

"Dang girl, I want one of those "at hearing her say that everyone turned to look. I caught James' eyes as they scan my expose legs and he licked his lips. God, if he knew what that does to me.

Trudy and Kasi were literally foaming, they send death glares at me because I stole James' attention from them. These girls need to grow up, we're not in high school anymore, when every girl is after the hot jock and we would literally kill to sleep with him, much less date him. But by the glares they were giving me, I think they still  have that mindset

" Sophia come sit right here beside James," Kate said innocently if looks could kill she would be six feet under because of the looks Trudy and Kasi were now giving her.

I went to my seat, James went back to talking to tweedle dee ( Trudy ) and tweedle dumb ( Kasi ). I was very disappointed, to say the least, I hated that I craved his attention, It wasn't healthy but my heart didn't care. I turned my attention to Kate who was chatting away about her pregnancy. While taking, this action didn't go unnoticed. His hand came and rest on my thigh, his thumb drew torturous circle. My breaths came out shaking, I was literally panting heavily. I caught him smirking in the corner of my eye. If he didn't know how much he affected me, he knew now.

***

There you guys go, I hope you like it.
In the picture, the girl's hair is short and that is how Sophia own is too.

Vote and comment
Until the next chapter
Bye