seven: date with the unknown

Before (name) knew it, Saturday evening had already fallen upon her. orange evening sun was shining through her apartment windows before she even realized. it was only around six or so when she unglued her eyes off her living room television and peered over at the clock in the kitchen, only for it to display a time much later than she anticipated.
her eyes widened as she ripped off the warm fuzzy blanket previously draped over her frame, and jumped up from her living room couch. One thought graced her mind before any others.
Her date with toby was today, and she still hadn't done anything to prepare for it. how could the time had slipped through her fingers like that?

not even letting a second of hesitation slip by, she dashed to her room and started trying to pick out a suitable outfit from her small closet and dresser.
Eventually she settled on a simple t shirt, jeans and a light jacket to keep her from catching a cold in the rather chilly weather. After she appeared content with her outfit choice, she dashed into the bathroom for the quickest shower ever.

just yesterday toby rodgers had asked her to hang out with him again today, much to (name)s giddy delight. ever since, along with the usual tiredness and insomnia a minimum wage job burdened on her, a warm fuzzy feeling inhabited her soul as well, one that she hadn't felt in a long while. a feeling that, somehow made the never ending tiredness not so bad. it made the days go by a bit quicker. now that she had something to look forward to again, it made the long days at her job seem a little less grueling. it was refreshing, something she never realized she was missing: someone to hang out with again.

to be fair, she still didnt know just what the hell happened in the woods or just what he was hiding, but even still, toby was special to her, he had been there for her whenever he could. whatever he was caught up in, nothing changes that fact. she knew toby, she knew he would never hurt her, or deliberately put her in danger. she knew he wasn't any different from the boy she met sniffling in the corner, from the boy she developed strong feelings for.

however that begged the question: did she still carry those feelings? is that the warm feeling she was experiencing? She wasn't sure. This was all so foreign to her.

thoughts like this ran through her mind as she let the warm water run from the shower head down to her head, flushing out foamy shampoo out of her (h/c) hair.
Still lost in thought, She quickly finished up  and hopped out of the shower, wrapping herself up in a cotton towel. she looked over at her phone sitting idly on her bathroom vanity. she leaned over to check the time.

6:15pm

holy shit, he could be here any second.

after grabbing her phone, (name) dashed back into her bedroom. she quickly slung on the clothes she had laid out previously on her bed, and ran a brush through her (h/l) hair, trying to both make it look more presentable, and to wring out the remaining droplets of water still plaguing it. because of (name) simply not thinking to ask at the time, she didn't know what exact time toby would be there to pick her up. however she hadn't heard any knocks on her windows or doors all that day, and because she had only ever seen toby when it was just reaching dusk, she had assumed it would be later that evening. she wondered where he was.

then, just as if the universe read her thoughts, she heard a small knock coming from the front door.

butterflies immediately started fluttering in her stomach, "coming!" she shouted as she ran through her bedroom doorway and to the front door, one hand clutched her phone firmly, and the other holding the hair brush still idly running through her damp locks.
She quickly pocketed her phone in her jackets small pocket, then practically bouncing with glee, (name) unlocked and flung open the door, she met was met with a heart warming sight.