Merthur oneshot #1 (part 2 of 2)

They pulled apart from their kiss quickly, snapping their heads toward Uther's scornful voice.

While Arthur shielded Merlin from Uther's wrath, Merlin backed up as much as he could against the wall, as there was no escape because of their position in the room.

"Father it was all me, Merlin was not to blame! Punish me- put me in the dungeons- anything you wish upon me, just don't hurt him. He is innocent," Arthur pleaded, blocking Uther from advancing on Merlin.

"I will deal with you later! GUARDS!"

"Father! No, he is INNOCENT! It was all me!" He pleaded, as the room was filled with Uther's guards.

Uther then turned on Arthur, grabbed his forearm tightly, holding him in place, and stared him straight in the eyes, showing hatred through them. Uther addressed the guards, still staring at Arthur.

"Take this disgusting servant and throw him in the dungeons. Three of you, escort my disappointment of a son up to his chambers and make sure he stays there. I will have a talk with him later," he growled.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Merlin is in danger.

I must go to him.

We kissed.

Uther is raining his temper on Merlin and it is all my fault!

Arthur's many thoughts swirled in his mind like a hurricane as he slammed his full force against his locked door for what seemed like the billionth time. The reinforced wood, made strong in case of attack, denied him his needed escape.

I must get out!

Must save him!

I love him!

His thoughts became more frantic as he paced the overly-extravagant room, now in tatters from his efforts to leave. As Arthur passed his stained-glass window, he saw a fleeting possibility, but it was quickly distinguished as he saw the seemingly miniature guards down below. Sighing frustratedly, Arthur slumped against his windowsill at a loss of ideas.

How am I supposed to help Merlin when I'm trapped in my own chambers like a prisoner?!

What is happening to him right now?

Peering mournfully out the window, he saw some men hauling large wooden planks into the middle of the courtyard. They were constructing something. Exactly what became apparent to Arthur as the structure advanced more and more to completion. As they added the finishing touches, it was set in stone. A single noose hung from a beam of wood constructed on two reinforced supporting pillars. A lonely stool was placed under the fresh noose.

The punishment for homosexuality: Hanging.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Merlin shivered in the cell, from fear of what punishment Uther was going to bestow unto Arthur, or the biting cold, it didn't matter. Merlin had known that he would have to spend at least that night in the dungeon, if not eternity. But this was quickly revised as he had been looking for Arthur in the courtyard through the metal bars of the small stone window, watching them set up his impending fate. Thinking about it, if he had to die, he would've rather gone by decapitation. At least it was quick. But with hanging, if his neck didn't immediately break from the impact of his fall, he would suffer for sure, and that scared him. Bravely, he took a deep breath to calm his nerves.

Whatever my fate, I hope Arthur is okay in the end. After all, he is the future king of the greatest kingdom that the world will ever know.