CHAPTER 19:

"Your gonna love it here babe, it's gonna be great for the kids." Damian drove us up to the beautiful house on the hill. it was more like a traditional home feeling than a cabin. It was brown wood stretching around it.

"It seems kinda open, don't you think."  I asked.

"Yeah, but you can relax and hang out with the kids while I'm gone."

"Your only leaving for 3 days and I have three more months to finish planning your sisters wedding." We had made a plan for this weekend. We had just picked the kids from school and daycare and called the police on Damian's mom. We should be getting a phone call from them by tonight which is great. Hopefully this whole thing can be solved so I don't have to worry anymore.

"Mommy, I wanna go home." Reagan whined in the back seat. I can't blame her, the kids have been sitting in the car for over 3 hours. I would be mad and irritated to as a kid.

"No baby we're gonna have fun." I smiled turning around to see the kids.

Bubba was sleep, Reagan about to cry and Olly was looking out the window while Lily was stretching.

"Look guys we're here." Dam said pulling up to the gate. He put in a pass code and let us in. The car behind us got in too and we were all set.

"I think it was a smart idea to bring Kinley and Amelia with us."

"yeah, you reminded me that I don't have to be alone, so i decided i wasn't going to make life hard for myself." I said kissing him after he parked the car. kinley pulled up next to me and got out to help me with the kids. I grabbed lily and reagan, dam got olly while amelia got bubba.

"Here let me take the girls." Kinley said grabbing their hands from me. She skipped with them into the house until they got to the porch and Reagan started balling out crying. I walk over and hold her up against my chest, laying her head on my shoulder as she shook herself trying to calm down.

"Hey Reagan, I know your feeling homesick OK baby." I said rocking her. "Mommy felt that way too."

She started crying a little heavier as she gripped my upper arms. My tears started flowing out like hers while the wind blows heavily outside.

"Reagan I know how you feel, my daddy left too and I haven't seen him in a long time but I can still talk to him in my mind and in my heart, you can talk to your daddy in too." I know my dad died but I'm trying to make her feel better while doing the same for me at the same time. I miss my parents so much.

Ever since they died it's been hard to deal with. I try to forget about them and worry about other things but they keep coming back over and over again. That's why I don't play about my children. I don't know if I could survive without my kids. They are my life. If anyone tried to hurt them in anyway shape or form I won't think twice before hurting you. Whether you fight back or not I'm swinging.

"NADIA!" Kinley yelled. I looked at her and looked down to see Reagan sleep. "It's way to cold out here for you to stand in it, come in."

She smiled and walked in with me following her. She took Reagan and walked up the stairs. Damian came out of the kitchen with Amelia behind him holding a bowl of popcorn.

As Amelia walked up the stairs dam came over and talk to me. "Do you trust Kinley and Amelia while I'm gone." Dam asked me.

"Yes, i've known Kinley for over six years and Amelia is just the best support system I've had in a long time, she is like a sister to me just like Kinley."

"As long as you feel safe," He said kissing me, "I have to go, my flight is in six hours and I have to get back to the house and grab all my stuff."

I nodded as he kissed me one more time before heading out of the cabin doors. I walk up the stairs to see Kinley and Amelia in the loft living space watching tv with the popcorn. I walked over and sat down next to Kinley with Amelia on the other side. they were watching a romantic comedy that was actually calming my nerves a lot.

Almost half way through the movie I got a phone call from an unknown number that I didn't want to answer. I finally got the courage to get up and answer it. I spoke first.

"Hello, this is Nadia speaking."

"Hey Bubba." He answered as my eyes watered. I walked down the hall so I wouldn't interrupted the girls movie.

"How... how have you been?" I questioned wiping my tear away.

"Good, great... the kids are good, the um wife is good, how about you, how'd the date with Ace Labeau?" I stood there in shook. Was that actually the last time we talked.

"It went great."

"So are y'all dating, any marriage plans."

"Umm no, he ended up being gay and I started dating Keegan Williams." I told him. I was pacing back and forth trying to catch him up of what was happening but not too much. I didn't want him to worry about me. I didn't even tell Callie and she means the world to me.

"Oh, well great, how are you and him."

"We broke up but i'm back with Damian now." The other line when quiet, no silent. Silent as if I told him something so crazy that it couldn't be processed quick in a human mind. "Are you still there."

"Yep, yes I still here, so how is he doing."

"Great, he just went on a business trip I have the 4 little monsters here with me."

"You have another set of twins."

"Um, no I adopted the little baby boy from Honduras and Keegan's daughter." I replied.

"So you adopted Keegan's daughter too?" He asked.

"Almost, he couldn't take care of her and i'm the only mommy she knows and I love her so much-"

"Bubba why are you trying to convince me of something."

"Because it's been hard for me to make the big decisions without your guidance and acceptance. You were always there for me when I needed you and ever since you left it's been," I tried not to say what I wanted to say because I was right next to the kids rooms, "Not good."

"I know Bubba, but I called you because Callie talked to me and I want you to meet my family and I want to finally meet the twins and the new arrivals to the clan." He sounded cheerful which brought up my spirits.

"When?"

"I'll start booking the tickets tomorrow." He said. I didn't know what to think when he finally called. I should've called him too but it's been a rough couple of months. With all the Reagan and Bubba adoption processes and Damian coming back and his mother threatening my kids.

"I have to go it's late here, but I love you K.O."

"I love you too Bubba." He said before hanging up the phone. As I opened the door to the kids bedrooms Amelia came down the hall and asked me, "Why are you going there."

"Oh, I'm just gonna sleep with them." I smiled.

"But that's my job." She giggled.

"I got it tonight, but thank you for coming and being here with me throughout this process, I couldn't have done this without you and Kinley." I said hugging her she hugged me back and we both let go at the same time.

"Go take a long nice break and rest up for tomorrow." I told her she smiled and walked back down the hall to the loft area. I walked into the kids rooms and Lily was on a bed with Reagan while Bubba was on one side and Olly was on the other.

I picked up Bubba and curled up in bed with the boys. This is what I call family.

****************
Like! Comment! Follow!!!