Part 1

"Hayoon ah, can you please switch all last season's bags on the display with the newer ones? And put this vase on the table over there." My colleague, who's also my distant-cousin, Chaeyoung, says as she hands me a big vase of fresh water lillies.
"Oh, alright. Why the sudden change of display? Didn't we just change it a few days ago?" I ask her in confusion while putting the vase on the table.
"The manager told me someone important is visiting later today, so we have to make sure that everything is perfect."
"Do you know who is it?"
"She didn't say, but she really emphasized on the word 'important'. Maybe.. Song Hyekyo? Gong Yoo?" Chaeyoung excitedly guesses.
"Nahhh, maybe it's just the wife of some CEO." I chuckle.
Suddenly, Chaeyoung's gaze stops at my stomach, making me feel super self-conscious.
"Ya, did you gain weight again? Your buttons are about to pop. You know how hard it was for me to get you this job, right? I thought manager told you to lose some weight, how come you gained even more?" She sighs as she pinches my overflowing belly fat.
"I-I was a bit stressed out so without realizing-
Anw, don't worry, I'm starting a new diet. It's supposed to help you lose 4kg in a week." I quickly reassure her with fake optimism.
"Huh.. You always say that, but then you give up after 3 days. This is Chanel Hayoon ah, not just any ordinary shop, we must constantly maintain a good image." She sighs.
"I know, I know. I promise I'll stick to the diet this time. Now shall we work on the display?" I hook her arm & change the topic quickly.
"Fine. Just make sure to suck that tummy in when you greet the guests." She rolls her eyes at me.
"Ok." I smile widely at her, but actually my heart is bleeding.

I haven't always been his chubby. Heck, I was the prettiest "it" girl in my high school. Every boy wanted to date me, every girl wished to be me. I was a brat, a bitch. I wouldn't even glance at you if you weren't popular, good-looking, rich, or all of the above.
But I learned the hard way that beauty got you nowhere if you didn't have a good head on your shoulder & a good personality. When most of my
classmates got accepted into the universities of their dreams, I was one of the few who got rejected & had to retake the college entrance exam. And I failed not only once, but twice. My so-called friends began to ditch me one by one & all of that stressed me out very deeply.
The only escape I had was food, so I started binge eating like there was no tomorrow. When I got accepted into university, I was already 20kg heavier than I was in in high school.
I was no longer the pretty girl that everyone coveted. College was hard, but finding a job after I graduated was even harder. No one wanted to hire a fatty, who failed college entrance exam twice, like me. Luckily, Chaeyoung was able to pull some strings for me so I finally got this nice job.

"Psstt.. Hayoon ah, look at the commotion outside. That 'important' guest must be here already." Chaeyoung whispers as she discreetly points at the street outside with her chin.
"I think so. Oh, the guest is a guy. I wonder who it-" My heart stops when I see the person who walks through the door.
He's wearing stylish all black outfit, which screams expensive, & a black beanie low over his head. He readjusts the beanie up slightly, showing his face, once he's stepped into the safety of our store.
Park Jimin.
The nerd from Busan who was once one of the countless boys who wanted to date me in high school.