chapter twenty

Leah had a death grip around my wrist as she pulls me from the garage back into the warm, tiny cottage that was Sam and Emily's home. She was guiding me with a fierce look on her face, like a mother pulling their child. I didn't want to leave my new friends, Paul and Quil. "But we're having fun out there!" I whine to her, frowning a bit, "I like my new friends."

Leah laughs, "I can't believe you won over Paul, that's not easy to do. Remind me to never underestimate you again."

"Paul likes me?" I breath out in relief, "Oh good, I don't know what I would do if Seth's friends didn't like me. Not like, like-like me in that way, I mean like good friends, who garden together and go for walks and sushi! Plus, they are way to old for me and too tall, and kind of scary- like they might step on me accidentally-"

I cut off by Leah laughing again, "Oh Gosh, how much did they give you. Relax, little lady, all of us like you. Kind of comes with being an imprint."

I smile and look down bashfully, "It's funny, before Seth I didn't have any friends. Are you my friend, Leah?"

"Friends forever, Lil." Leah links her arm with me. "Like I told you, I always wanted a sister."

"Don't say that!" I hush her, throwing my hands up to cover her mouth, "I'm only 16! I've never even had a boyfriend!"

"You have a boyfriend," She rolls her eyes.

"I have a boy that I like, which is why it's important I win his friends approval! Let me go back and hang out with my new friends!" I cross my arms stubbornly, and make a show of stamping my feet firmly on the ground, as if to say I won't move. "I'm not going anywhere and you can't make me. So HA!"

Leah looks back at me, an entertained look in her stern face, and she shakes her head. "Seth is going to kill them."

"Seth is back?" My ears practically perking at Leah's words, I nearly stumble over myself at those words, but Leah catches me with her strong arms. Her amused look turns to an amused smile, and she shakes her head, "Yes, now pick up your feet and I'll take you to him." I'm practically walking as fast as her now, I miss Seth. It felt like he had been gone for forever, I had a few words to pick with him. He said he would only be gone for a little bit, but it had been hours! Crazy as it sound, I miss him. And I didn't have my normal inhibitions to hold it in, in fact, I was feeling quit bold.

"Hello? Earth to Lilah?" Leah's tanned arm waves in front of my face, pulling me from the trance I didn't realize I was in.

"Yes, Leah, I totally agree," I play off my space-cadet tendencies, but she shakes her head, "Just get in the car."

My thoughts are cut short when I'm pulled into the driveway, the freezing cold wind making me shiver immediately, but I spot the Clearwater family car idling in the driveway, ditching Leah and calling a half-hearted goodbye to her, I thrust open the door of the rusty truck and throw myself in, reveling in it's warmth. Then I look up at the man of the hour who is sitting in the drivers seat, and the warmth hits me hard. It's my Seth, smirking at me, his hair windblown from the patrol he just ran.

"You left me," I pout, crossing my arms.

"I know," His face turns apologetic, "Patrol took longer than I thought, Jared was being stupid."

"You left me!" I state, leaning forward and poking his chest with my finger, "To a whoooolleee house of wolves! You gave throwing to the wolves a whole new meaning!"