Final.

Lisa found herself thinking about those butterflies she felt in her stomach whenever she'd see Jennie after spending time with Rosie. The bad kind of butterflies.

She found herself doing this every night for the last few days since Jennie had first questioned her.

Today was a Sunday so Lisa had the day off. She was planning to spend it at home with her girlfriend, she had been feeling guilty the last few days but she didn't know what about.

Bestestfriendever: Can we talk?

Lisa receives a text from Rosie.

Lisa: Whats up?

Bestestfriendever: I need to see you in person please

Lisa looks at her phone a little concerned.

"Jennie?" Lisa calls out.

"Yeah babe?" She replies.

"I'm just heading out. I'll be back soon" Lisa makes Jennie aware before taking her leave and driving to Rosies.

She knocks on the door and Rosie lets her in.

"You okay?" Lisa says to Rosie noticing she didn't seem like her bubbly self.

"I don't know how to say this" Rosie begins, looking at the ground.

"What? Nothings happened to you, right?" She says sitting next to Rosie.

"I know I shouldn't say this to you because well... you have a girlfriend now" Rosie begins.

Lisa feels her throat dry up, already knowing where this was heading.

"Look Lisa" Rosie says as she looks up to meet Lisa's eyes that were on her. "I like you... I've liked you for the last 2 years... I thought going to Australia and coming back after a year would have gotten rid of those feelings but, it didn't. At one point I thought you might have liked me too but then, in between those two years, you began talking to Jennie and I didn't know what to do so I just kept it to myself. But now, I can't anymore" Rosie lets out taking a deep breath afterwards.

Lisa just takes in everything Rosie had said.

Rosie likes her?

Fuck... this was not good. There come those butterflies again.

Lisa knew she liked Rosie too, she had in the past and now again. She buried it this time round because she had a girlfriend now, whom she loved a lot but, Rosie was still somehow always on her mind.

"Lisa... say something please" Rosie says feeling instant regret after spilling out her feelings like that.

"I-I don't know what to say Rosie" Lisa says feeling overwhelmed.

"Sorry... I know its a lot but, I couldn't keep it in. I'm sorry Lisa"

"N-no. Don't say sorry its just... I-I don't know what to say"

"This is going to sound crazy but... do you maybe like me too?" Rosie gathers the courage to ask.

"I-I do?" Lisa says realising she does. Why else was she always excited to see Rosie everyday? Why else did she smile whenever she'd see Rosie had tagged her in a comment or sent her a text message.

"Wait. You do?!" Rosie asks not believing her ears.

"I do... B-but Jennie?" Lisa says feeling guilty.

"I don't know what to say Lisa. I feel bad but, we've been doing this for so long. I can't pretend I don't like you any longer" Rosie says.

"I know... I know" Lisa says to Rosie. She gets up from her seat and decides she's going to have to tell Jennie. She can't live like this any longer... these butterflies would eat her up.

"Where are you going?" Rosie asks Lisa, standing up too.

"I'm going to talk to Jennie".

"Are you sure?" Rosie asks Lisa following her to her door.

"I have to Rosie" Lisa says as she leaves Rosies house and makes her way home.

Lisa opens the door to her apartment and finds her girlfriend playing with her kittens. Her heart was already feeling tugged, especially knowing what she was about to say and do.

Lisa walks over to the couch without greeting Jennie.

Jennie stands up quickly noticing something was wrong with Lisa. "Whats wrong?" She asks.

"Don't... I-I, I need to say something but, I'll understand If you hate me after this" Lisa manages to get out.

Jennie looks at Lisa feeling very worried. She lifts Lisa's face with her hand and makes her look at her "Whats wrong?" She asks again.

"There's something I need to confess" Lisa says.

"What?" Jennie says feeling scared about what she was about to hear.

"I know I said we were friends and I swear I meant it" Lisa begins to say as tears fall down her face.

"W-what?" Jennie says feeling herself cry too.

"B-but, somewhere between then and now, it became more than a friendship"

"A-are you talking about Rosie?" Jennie asks Lisa trying to fight the tears in her eyes.

"Y-yeah" Lisa says unable to look at Jennies face anymore.

"N-no. Y-you're mistaken. You said yourself you loved me" Jennie says crying, trying to hold herself together.

"I do... I do but, what do I do when I love you but want her too?" Lisa asks crying.

"Ignore it. You're just confused" Jennie says as she lifts Lisa's face and makes her look at her. "You love me not her, come on" Jennie says trying to smile while tears fell down her face.

"I'm sorry Jennie" Is all Lisa can reply to Jennie, feeling completely ashamed of herself.

"Lisa please... don't do this" Jennie begs Lisa crying.

"I-I have too. I can't be in this relationship anymore if Rosie is always stuck in my head"

"Don't leave me" Jennie cries more.

"Please Jennie. I can't. Don't make this harder than it needs to be" Lisa says crying more herself.

Lisa stands up, releasing her hands from Jennie.

"I'll give you some time to get your things" She says.

"No! Lisa please!" Jennie wails.

"Jennie please, you know I'll always love you. We have to end it at this If we want to end it on somewhat good terms" Lisa replies to Jennie trying to control her sadness.

Jennie gets up from the couch and walks over to Lisa placing her hand on her face. Lisa looks down feeling increasingly ashamed at what she had done.

Jennie closes her eyes and kisses Lisa one last time.

Lisa closes her eyes as Jennie kisses her and feels the tear drops fall out her eyes.

"I'll always love you too" Jennie says stepping back.

Lisa walks towards her door and tells Jennie she'll be back in a few hours and that she hoped that that would be enough time for her to collect at least her most prised possessions.

Lisa drives herself to Rosie's not knowing what else to do.

Rosie opens her door to see a heartbroken Lisa stood there with tears running down her face. Instantly she grabs her hand and pulls her inside and embraces her.

"I broke up with her" Lisa says as she continues to cry.

"I'm so sorry Lisa. I-I I'm so sorry" Rosie replies knowing she was behind all of this.

"I love her so much you know? But, I can't ignore how I feel about you either" Lisa says as she moves her head back to look at Rosie.

"I know" Rosie replies looking at Lisa's eyes before pulling her into another hug, allowing her to soak her tshirt.

---
🥺🥺🥺

I hope u guys enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing. Probably one of my fave things I've written so far.